• Thread starter Lissa
  • 18 comments

Lissa

Still Topless
Premium
England
Rugby
LissaMR2
I've been slowly working my way through the events, class by class, and tonight I started on C class. Second event on the top line, MR-S Club. 'Woohoo!' I thought, but then my 'woohoo' turned to 'WHAT????'

'MR-S Club, a celebration of Toyota's innovative rear-engined sportster'

Toyota....yes

Innovative...yes

Sportster...yes

Rear-engined?????

Shame on you, Turn 10! Do you not know what the MR stands for? :irked:

As I recall one of the 8-cylinder events claims it's open to "all cars with V8 and Inline-8 engines." Maybe they originally planned to include the Bugatti Type 35 or Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR as DLC. :P

Well to be fair, the engine is in the rear relative to the seating area. :P

Then with that thinking in mind they should eliminate the mid engine class altogether. The engine is either front of you or behind.

Then Lisa would have to change her car's designation To Toyota RR-S (rear engine, rear wheel drive) or to NMR-S (NOT mid engine, rear wheel drive) :)

Honestly who cares. This should be the least of our concern. Like they said typos happen :lol:

I care! I've got to go out and tell my poor little MID-engined car that it's not what it always thought it was. It'll get confused, have an identity crisis, get depressed, turn to drugs and alcohol, lose it's job, lose it's house, and end up living under a bridge drinking meths!

:P

Spare a thought for all the TVR's in the game (and every game), they all get called front engined, yet technically the engine is as much in the middle of the car as an MR2.

I care! I've got to go out and tell my poor little MID-engined car that it's not what it always thought it was. It'll get confused, have an identity crisis, get depressed, turn to drugs and alcohol, lose it's job, lose it's house, and end up living under a bridge drinking meths!

It could very well be too late already... :(

277755801.jpg

This. :lol:

It could very well be too late already... :(

277755801.jpg

Also this :lol:

If it's any concern to you Polyphony also got the chassis nomenclature incorrect for the SW20 (2nd Gen MR2) for GT5 as well (I think they called it an SR20... Too many Nissan's.). I don't even think they have fixed this.

Technically they are not wrong with the term rear-engine. Its proper terminology is rear mid-engine transversely-mounted. But most people know it as mid-engine

Technically they are not wrong with the term rear-engine. Its proper terminology is rear mid-engine transversely-mounted. But most people know it as mid-engine

MR2 stands for 'Midship Runabout 2 (seater)'

If that's what Toyota designate it, that's good enough for me! :mischievous:

Ohhh boooyyy...

The things people nit pick on!

Just enjoy the game man! :D

Ooh, I am! :lol:

You're right.

The whole point of the event (and the MR-2) is the engine placement. Not just a typo but a big mistake indeed.

But, that is as wrong as it is irrelevant...

That brings me back to the 8-bit era when typos were normal.

Like the guy who says "I am ERROR" from Zelda. :lol:

:cheers:

MR2 stands for 'Midship Runabout 2 (seater)'

If that's what Toyota designate it, that's good enough for me! :mischievous:

Actually it's more likely it stands for Mid-Rear 2 seater. So technically Turn 10 is (50%?) correct

That 'midship runabout' business was just some marketing nonsense for and in western countries.

Back