Oh good, another Lupo...

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcefaceGB
  • 28 comments
  • 2,998 views
Messages
9
Messages
AcefaceGB
That's 4 now... FOUR Lupo's!! Is there any need?? Really?? Why not 4 Maserati's? I know for a fact that Maserati make more than one car, why can't I have one of those?? But no, apparently Lupo's are the way forward... Maybe they carried out a poll on a focus group made up predominately of 18 year old girls when they were deciding on prize cars, that's the only explanation I can come up with...!

Anyway, rant over. :grumpy:
 
Lupo's are great. I own a Lupo GTI in real life and i'm male in my 30's.
One of the best small cars in the UK.
 
Online Lupo race around the Nurburgring is one of the best things I have done so far in GT5. haven't driven the Maserati yet!
 
depends what you're criteria are really... I've got nothing against them as such, I'm sure they are excellent, doesn't mean I want to drive 4 variants in a racing game.
 
That's 4 now... FOUR Lupo's!! Is there any need?? Really?? Why not 4 Maserati's? I know for a fact that Maserati make more than one car, why can't I have one of those?? But no, apparently Lupo's are the way forward... Maybe they carried out a poll on a focus group made up predominately of 18 year old girls when they were deciding on prize cars, that's the only explanation I can come up with...!

Anyway, rant over. :grumpy:

i feel you brother :)
lmao on the focus group
 
pff yeah you're right, 4 Lupos are way too many, we need more Skylines :>
 
I sold my second lupo cup car. regrets :(

The Lupo is one of the most awesome cars in GT5.
 
I felt the same way. I mean my Lupo GTI Cup car is a hoot and i really enjoy that race. but WTF do I need 3 others for? When I won my last one I wa slike what do I do with this?

However I can say the same for quite a few of the prize cars I've gotten.
 
If someone wants to get rid of theirs, I'd like to trade. :)
 
If someone wants to get rid of theirs, I'd like to trade. :)

add me psn: badger_mk2, Im starting again as of the moment till I fix and recover my old HDD so it doesnt matter to me.

Also Ive only won 3 lupos, 2 were the exact same car, now thats annoying I dont mind a variant as much as an identical copy.
 
I felt the same way. I mean my Lupo GTI Cup car is a hoot and i really enjoy that race. but WTF do I need 3 others for? When I won my last one I wa slike what do I do with this?

However I can say the same for quite a few of the prize cars I've gotten.

YES! This.^ One Lupo is fine (I enjoyed driving it in the Nurburgring race) but there comes a point in time where I start to wonder 'do I really need this?' I personally would have been much happier with a Golf GTI or a Samba Bus...
 
well its easier to bulk up the numbers for claiming sake by duplicating cars to kid gamers there's more choice! no need to get out the office to spend a few pesky weeks creating a new addition.
 
The Lupo Cup cars with Racing tires are GREAT cars on the 'Ring!!!
 
pff yeah you're right, 4 Lupos are way too many, we need more Skylines :>

I see what you did there.

I also saw what he did there. More skylines and more RX7's and especially a lot more really old cars that have no place in a racing sim to begin with. Oh, and make sure to make them premium. If we're gonna drive old slow cars, I at least want to look good doing it.

They say traveling at light speed slows down aging.. Well, ever tried taking a lap at the ring in a 360? You'd be dead before you even reached the first corner.
 
YES! This.^ One Lupo is fine (I enjoyed driving it in the Nurburgring race) but there comes a point in time where I start to wonder 'do I really need this?' I personally would have been much happier with a Golf GTI or a Samba Bus...

I also saw what he did there. More skylines and more RX7's and especially a lot more really old cars that have no place in a racing sim to begin with. Oh, and make sure to make them premium. If we're gonna drive old slow cars, I at least want to look good doing it.

They say traveling at light speed slows down aging.. Well, ever tried taking a lap at the ring in a 360? You'd be dead before you even reached the first corner.

The Lupo highlights a problem with this game. Yes I understand its the real "driving" simulator. And there is a place for some of these cars (the Subaru 360 "Race" in GT4 was awesome) but without setups like that, these cars are completely and utterly worthless. And some are even premium and worthless! I can also understand maybe a Standard Lupo and the Lupo GTI, but the fact theres 4 of them? It feels like a Brazillian used car lot sometimes.
 
Online Lupo race around the Nurburgring is one of the best things I have done so far in GT5. haven't driven the Maserati yet!

You have too is a great car!

Btw i have a Lupo Race Car, but i haven't drive it yet, but must too!
 
ive won 4 lupos aswell. seems a bit half arsed by pd to give me cars i dont need as prizes. hell ive won 2 yes 2 daihatsu midgets. why? i didnt even want one.

the prize cars are strange in gt5, you either get crap or really good cars. very few alright cars and you win multiple cars of the same type.

eg ive 2 daihatsu midgets, 2 lancia delta s4 rally cars, 2 cizeta v16's and 4 lupos. oh and 2 mazda cosmo 110b's

i dont get why i need one for a spec and one for b spec. why not give me something different?

they could have done dynamic car prizes. eg if you dont want to give all the class cars away in a or b spec alone. why not say you win a lupo in the first race you complete regardless of where you complete the first race a or b spec. then when you do the other race in the other spec you get a better car but you cant win the better car until youve won the first car. hope that makes sense.
 
I like the Lupo, i just wish it was a premium car.....
 
sorry but gonna have another rant...

just went to do the b-spec light weight British sports car race and thought I'd use my 1998 Mini Cooper cos I had one as a youth and was feeling all nostalgic... Unfortunately PD thinks it's German. This is utterly sacrilegious, The original Mini is a British icon, in fact it's part of British culture, how DARE they!!?!?!??
 
sorry but gonna have another rant...

just went to do the b-spec light weight British sports car race and thought I'd use my 1998 Mini Cooper cos I had one as a youth and was feeling all nostalgic... Unfortunately PD thinks it's German. This is utterly sacrilegious, The original Mini is a British icon, in fact it's part of British culture, how DARE they!!?!?!??

OMG..I too was annoyed at that! In GT4 MINIs were under the British Cars umbrella!
 
yes we know the lupo is the best car in the world, but i can agree with the OP, it could use some more maserati's :)
 
Loved the lupo cup race! It was lots of fun! I now want to collect them all but I'm not seeing them in the dealerships... Why we win like 3? who knows... but in past GT's it wasn't uncommon to win 5+ versions of the skyline... despite all the other cars in the game...
 
Seeing as you all have Lupos pouring out your rear ends, and I sold mine too swiftly (I now need it for B-Spec

Is anybody willing to trade me a VW Lupo Cup Car '00?

If so we'll discuss what I can trade you for it!

Cheers!
 
Love the Lupo Cup car!! One of the most fun cars in the game, just wish there was a premium Lupo!!
 
The Lupo on the Nurb is excellent. My best GT5 race so far.
Everyone is so caught up on super cars they don't appreciate driving at the absolute limit of well designed small cars. For this I am glad I got the two Lupo cup cars, they are excellent alternatives to each other. More power with more weight or less weight with less power? There's no obvious choice.



On the other hand, the standard models are useless like so many GT cars are. I don't understand why GT rewards your excellent driving skills on a racing track with stock standard runabout cars when there are sports and racing models available. I have nothing against them being included in the game but I don't want useless prize cars. Give me cars to enter races with not cars to fill my garage with. A midget is not a prize for a sport truck race, a sport truck is.
 
Back