Oh my! I could recieve more than 1 million dollars from a random person!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Delirious
  • 24 comments
  • 1,047 views

Delirious

Meh
Premium
Messages
2,614
Messages
Metroider17
[FONT=geneva,arial]Dear From the Desk of -Yoink!-
Auditor General,International Commercial
BankTakoradi Ghana.
Dear Friend,
I hope this may not constitute sort of embarrassment to you, first I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. But I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this
transaction, as I wish to reply on your discreteness and ability in transaction of this nature. Let me start by introduce myself properly to you, My name is Mr.Lubo Mbagi. I am the regional Auditor General of the International Commercial Bank of Ghana.

I came to know you in my Private Search for a reliable and reputable person to handle this Confidential Transaction. I am 44years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and INTERGRITY; I only hope we can assist each other.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the regional Auditor General of the International Commercial Bank; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each year. On the course of last year 2005 end of year report, I discovered that an excess profit of four million five hundred and fifty thousand dollars[US$4,550,000.00] which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary.

As an officer of the bank I can not be directly connected to this money, this is why I. contacting you for us to work so that you can assist and receive this money into your bank account for us to SHARE. The sharing of the fund are thus: 45% for you 45% for me and the remaining 10% for any Tax or Vat expenses incurred in this transaction. Note that there are practically no risks involved in this transaction as it is 100% risk free and legally bonded, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with Takoradi branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.

If you accept this offer to work with me, If you find this proposal suitable for you do furnish me with the following information. Your full Name and Contact Address, Your private telephone Number Your Age Your Occupation and Position. I will appreciate it very much, If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not make undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed on you, and I assure you we can achieve it successfully.

Best regards,
-Name Yoinked out-.
[/FONT]

I've recieved e-mails from these before and found out they want me to fly over to some little african country and recieve it in person. One actually wanted me to support me in going to work at a church or mission field and wanted to give me a lot of money to "bless" me and my walk with God.

So what do you guys think of this e-mail? It's from a yahoo account.
​

Wait...my occupation and position? My occupation is a cashier at kroger...so what's my position? Something inappropriate?
 
I hope you're not seriously thinking about replying??
These people are after your money. I got some of these emails myself last year. It's a scam. I know for a fact that there was a person (went on television with his story) who did what was asked in the letter and he lost a lot of money. He went public with his story to warn people not to answer these letters. If I got one of these letters again, I'll send it to the internet crime unit and let them deal with these "swindlers"

Be warned!!

:)
 
Hahaha, yeah I've read about thoes before, if I ever get a message I'll reply, I'll try to string them along for as long as I possibly can. I'd play dumb but cautious that'd keep them going for a while.
 
HAHAHA, Mr. Lubo Mbagi wants to give me the cash too! I just got the same email... word for word.
 
I get so many of these now I'm considering having a go, but translating everything I type into 1337 text.. just for the hell of it..
 
We should plan a GTP-wide scamback.

If everyone is getting word from Mr Lubo Mbagi then maybe Mr Lubo Mbagi should get word from everyone?

Just a suggestion, I don't have the skill to organise anything. I'm sure Famine could put something together. :p
 
Jack
We should plan a GTP-wide scamback.

Something a little like this?

Dear: Mr Lubo Mbagi

I am representing a very small community based in an unknown location known only as GTP, we are a dying breed and need all the help we can get. We shall even pay for your help in the sum of 18 months of premium membership of the community.

Our community members are in dire need of overthrowing the current leaders "Gran Turismo 4". "Gran Turismo 4" is an evil, sadistic dictatorship that brainwashes everyone into keeping themselves in their bedroom for a pro-longed amount of time, thus making them socially unheard of for atleast 6 months. Only last weekend there was a group of the community who were so brainwashed, they actually made a LAN party in hope that "Gran Turismo 4" would take them to a higher level, life as a god as such.

We need your help to overthrow "Gran Turismo 4" otherwise people like Famine, VEXD, Roo and many others may not survive till the fall.

Please send us your details and we promise to get right back to you.

GTPlanet.
 
Delirious – I hate to break it to you, but all of your threads about various email scams: none of it is new. For example, what you’ve posted is a Nigerian email scam, which is several years old. And phishing scams (which your last thread was about): I get about 20 or 30 of those a week. Just remember that we all get spam, so this is nothing special – I’ve probably received a couple hundred Nigerian email scams in the past few years.

Thank goodness for my bayesian filter, which has about a 98% success rate with negatives, and zero false positives. 👍
 
True, and much like fruit cake and candy corn, they've stopped making it years ago, and just continually recirculate the same old ones every year.
 
Bee
Something a little like this?

Dear: Mr Lubo Mbagi

I am representing a very small community based in an unknown location known only as GTP, we are a dying breed and need all the help we can get. We shall even pay for your help in the sum of 18 months of premium membership of the community.

Our community members are in dire need of overthrowing the current leaders "Gran Turismo 4". "Gran Turismo 4" is an evil, sadistic dictatorship that brainwashes everyone into keeping themselves in their bedroom for a pro-longed amount of time, thus making them socially unheard of for atleast 6 months. Only last weekend there was a group of the community who were so brainwashed, they actually made a LAN party in hope that "Gran Turismo 4" would take them to a higher level, life as a god as such.

We need your help to overthrow "Gran Turismo 4" otherwise people like Famine, VEXD, Roo and many others may not survive till the fall.

Please send us your details and we promise to get right back to you.

GTPlanet.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: NICE!!
But he's probably just a program or bot or something.,
 
The only spam I get is supposed to make my penis larger and give me cheap access to perscription drugs.

am I lucky?
 
Omnis
The only spam I get is supposed to make my penis larger and give me cheap access to perscription drugs.

am I lucky?
If so... I am to.. I want new spam.. wait, waht kind of spam we talking here?:scared:
 
Guess what I got? Are these guys running out of ideas...

Email : xxxx
From : Barrister Issa Agabi. {Esq.}
Phone/Fax: xxx
Attn : Park.


Dear Park,

Good day, Firstly, I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a Certified mail/Post-mail. This is due to the urgency and importance of the information. Hence, this letter to you. I humbly crave your indulgence to read this e-mail with all seriousness of purpose devoid of any doubt in your mind because this project is based on Trust, Confidentiality and Sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds. I am a fifty two(52)years old established Lawyer. One of my clients was late Engr. Michael Park, (Now deceased) hereinafter shall be referred to as "My Client".

Six years ago, My Client successfully executed a contract for the Federal Government of Nigeria worth US$14.7 million dollars. A part payment of USD7.million dollars was paid to my client, while the balance of USD7.7 million Dollars was still unpaid before my client died in a ghastly Car crash. However, all my efforts to locate the possible next of kin proved abortive. Untill his sudden demise, He was not married and was 44years old. NOW THE CRUX OF THIS E-LETTER is that the Federal Government is fully paying all Contractors who have successfully executed their contracts. My client is among those due to be paid in this second quarter payment schedule. As his personal attorney before his sudden death, I have been officially notified and instructed to forward particulars of my client's next of kin so that he/she can be paid the outstanding USD7.7 Million dollars.

I know he did not leave any valid WILL because He died inte-state. This funds will therefore be paid to whosoever I present to the government or his bank as the possible next of kin . In a nutshell, I intend to channel this funds to the account of a clever but reliable person who upon successful payment of the money, will earn 50% thereof, while 50% will be for me. Your nationality does not matter as all modalities have been perfected and put in place to pay whoever I present as the next of kin.

This transaction will take about 8 working days only to conclude as soon as you indicate your interest. For prompt action, contact me urgently by email through (xxx@xxx.com) I shall role out the modalities for the actualisation of this project as soon as I receive your response. Please, do accord this transaction the confidentiality it deserves.

Best Regards,

Issa Agabi. (Principal Partner)

NB: You don't have to be a blood relative of my client to claim this inheritance. Pls reply so that I can elucidate on how to proceed next. Please Reply via my alternative email address: xxx@xxxxx.com
 
[SARCASM]But you didn't accord the transaction the confidentiality it deserves! You missed the opportunity![/SARCASM]
 
Delirious XVII


I've recieved e-mails from these before and found out they want me to fly over to some little african country and recieve it in person. One actually wanted me to support me in going to work at a church or mission field and wanted to give me a lot of money to "bless" me and my walk with God.

So what do you guys think of this e-mail? It's from a yahoo account.
​

Wait...my occupation and position? My occupation is a cashier at kroger...so what's my position? Something inappropriate?

i bet your the type who click on those "youve won a ps3, click here to claim"
adverts.....:dunce:
 
GTO_VR4
i bet your the type who click on those "youve won a ps3, click here to claim"
adverts.....:dunce:

So you didn't read that it was an email that came from a real person masquerading as legit? :rolleyes:
 
Omnis
The only spam I get is supposed to make my penis larger and give me cheap access to perscription drugs.
Maybe somone is trying to tell you somthing.
 
I think some woman in India wanted help for money or something.

Thank goodness for the Junk Folder.
 
I received these two E-mails this morning. I don't know what the hell there for.



 
Ok how come I never get these type of emails :irked:
 
Back