Oh the Evil'ness of it all!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Will.c
  • 22 comments
  • 779 views
Messages
269
I just thought id tell the world this..

Horror of Horrors.. My Gt3 Disks busted.

last time i played it was before i let some kid who hadnt played it yet (Shame on Him) borrow it for a bit.. "just a week" i said " and dont break it or lose it or anything", i wouldent normaly let anyone borrow it but i felt sorry for him not playing it before or anything,
got it back, and theres a load of tiny insignificant Looking scratches on it, looked like nothing but now the disk dont work.

worst thing is i cant prove it was him cus i diddnt check the disk before.:banghead:

ah well.
 
well if it wasnt him then what happened, cos it as working b4 u lent it to him, it worked the whole time he had it until he decides he will give it back, sue him :) j/k

guess u cant prove **** though
 
From the disk box:

"FOR HOME USE ONLY. Unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, distribution, extraction, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, public performance and internet, cable or any telecommunications transmission, access or use of this product or any trademark or copyright workthat forms part of this product are prohibited"

So next time the little bugger wants to borrow something, quote him that... :D
 
Originally posted by Will.c
I just thought id tell the world this..

Horror of Horrors.. My Gt3 Disks busted.

last time i played it was before i let some kid who hadnt played it yet (Shame on Him) borrow it for a bit.. "just a week" i said " and dont break it or lose it or anything", i wouldent normaly let anyone borrow it but i felt sorry for him not playing it before or anything,
got it back, and theres a load of tiny insignificant Looking scratches on it, looked like nothing but now the disk dont work.

worst thing is i cant prove it was him cus i diddnt check the disk before.:banghead:

ah well.

It might not be the disk, I know my PS2 is starting to act up it's having more and more problems reading disks. DVD movies wont play on it it even if they are perfectly clean. I can't rent games cus even a few scratches will cause a Disk Read Error. Well some will work but most of the time I have reset the thing a few times before it picks anything up, but usually it wont work. Anyways it's still under warranty so I’m going to bring it back 2moro see if I can get a new one. I emialed sony about it and they stand behind thier product 100% or some crap like that; they didn't really say anything.
 
It's a bummer, but with GT3 on the "Classics" list, it's not a life-changing event. You can replace it for less than $20 USD.
;)
Sorry to hear about the problem, but welcome to GTP, Will.c.
 
Originally posted by TruenoAE86
It might not be the disk, I know my PS2 is starting to act up it's having more and more problems reading disks. DVD movies wont play on it it even if they are perfectly clean. I can't rent games cus even a few scratches will cause a Disk Read Error. Well some will work but most of the time I have reset the thing a few times before it picks anything up, but usually it wont work. Anyways it's still under warranty so I’m going to bring it back 2moro see if I can get a new one. I emialed sony about it and they stand behind thier product 100% or some crap like that; they didn't really say anything.

If you get disk read errors you should get your PS2 changed/repaired for free by Sony.

There was something about this at Playstation section. You might want to check it out.
 
Originally posted by vrmx
If you get disk read errors you should get your PS2 changed/repaired for free by Sony.

There was something about this at Playstation section. You might want to check it out.

Thanks a lot, I definitely think it's a dust problem now that I’ve read the info. I hope the give me a new one, lol, and I’m glad I shelled out the extra 50$ for the extended warranty.
 
I just recently cleaned the back of my ps2, it can get a little bit dusty down there.
 
Also if the cd has smudges on it then just whip them off softly with your shirt and that might help.
 
i lent my ps2 to my neighbour and he ruined it. is that not allowed as well?

btw famine, i love that car in ur avatar, always drove it in colin mcrae 1.
 
I just used a slightly damp cloth and lightly rubbed the back holes (where the fan is) because it was a little dusty there.
 
Originally posted by Famine
From the disk box:

"FOR HOME USE ONLY. Unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, distribution, extraction, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, public performance and internet, cable or any telecommunications transmission, access or use of this product or any trademark or copyright workthat forms part of this product are prohibited"

So next time the little bugger wants to borrow something, quote him that... :D
I'll remember that one for a while. :D
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
It's a bummer, but with GT3 on the "Classics" list, it's not a life-changing event. You can replace it for less than $20 USD.

There's a cheaper alternative as well... a good number of video rental places are starting to offer scratch repair services for disks. My GT2 disks weren't working in my PS2 at all, but after they did the scratch repair they work fine. Only $4 a disk too, so it was much easier and cheaper than hunting down a new copy. :)
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I just used a slightly damp cloth and lightly rubbed the back holes (where the fan is) because it was a little dusty there.
A small hand held computer vac (low power and amp) should work too. A friend of mine cleans his like that every few months.

Just make sure its LOW power.
 
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought my PS2 back cus it was doing that disk read error thing. It was still under warranty so they gave me a new one on the spot, they didn’t even check if the thing worked or not. Best part was Need for speed 2 was sitting in the PS2 tray. The guy said that it was a ps2 that someone returned within 30 days so I guess they forgot to check if the game was in the tray.
 
Auto___1 - was the Ford RS200 even IN Colin McRae 1? I don't remember it (although it's been some time since I last touched it). I believe it was in Colin McRae 3.0 though.

TruenoAE86 - that's why I paid £30 for a 3-year warranty. When my lens stops working in about 6 months time, I get a new PS2. I've already had a replacement DS2 out of it, so it's paid for itself... :D
 
Originally posted by Famine
Auto___1 - was the Ford RS200 even IN Colin McRae 1? I don't remember it (although it's been some time since I last touched it). I believe it was in Colin McRae 3.0 though.

Yeah it was in the first one, allong with the 550bhp quattro.

Although :drool: cosworth engines pretty much own me. :D
 
Originally posted by TruenoAE86
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought my PS2 back cus it was doing that disk read error thing. It was still under warranty so they gave me a new one on the spot, they didn’t even check if the thing worked or not. Best part was Need for speed 2 was sitting in the PS2 tray. The guy said that it was a ps2 that someone returned within 30 days so I guess they forgot to check if the game was in the tray.

Good on ya im glad you fixed ya problem

BTW i clean my ps2 with a vacumm clearner with a brush end on it on low power of course. the brushe thingy gets into all the crackes and works really well to get rid of the dust.
 
Back