Oh Those Corners

Is there a way to adjust the car so you don't spin around every corner of the race track? I put the Traction Control on to High but that does not help to stop the spinning around all the corners.

Every time you spin at the corner of the race track, other cars just fly right pass you. By the time you control yourself after that corner spin, you are now in last place. Was wondering if there is another adjustment to stop spinning around corners.

I understand Drifting is cool and everything but other cars will go pass you while you do your cool Drifting. If I try and do drifting throughout the whole race, I will for sure get the last place in the race. LOL!

Is there a way to adjust the car so you don't spin around every corner of the race track? I put the Traction Control on to High but that does not help to stop the spinning around all the corners.

Every time you spin at the corner of the race track, other cars just fly right pass you. By the time you control yourself after that corner spin, you are now in last place. Was wondering if there is another adjustment to stop spinning around corners.

I understand Drifting is cool and everything but other cars will go pass you while you do your cool Drifting. If I try and do drifting throughout the whole race, I will for sure get the last place in the race. LOL!

There is one thing you could try............ USE YOUR BRAKES!

Using brakes will slide your car into the wall and lose your position. When I slow down on those corners, I lose my position. It's like the AI cars are running on the train tracks. They never spin around corners at all. The last corner I went through, my car did a doughnut spin about 10 times. It does not matter what I do going around corners, I always lose my position. LOL!

I may need to practice more on those corners as I am new to this game. Really like this game with fantastic graphics and cars. But oh those corners.

I have a suggesting :D Just drive the Koenigsegg One:1 alot and try to master that car ;) Cause if you master the one:lol: the rest will be a piece of cake, Plus the sliding thing is part of the game, remember its a arcade racing game not a sim like PCs

Last edited:
Braking but only in a straight line for most of the twitchy cars is best, and feathering the throttle as you go around the trickier ones or double apex corners. Other times, let off the accelerator too. Try those and see which method suits each corner type for you.

Also, the AI do make mistakes - you may not see them doing it yet as you are just starting out - but trust me, you'll see it all the time after a while and learn to take advantage of their spills.

@ExoticMachines I suggest braking hard in a straight line too before the corner, use the coloured wind corner flags to your advantage (set crowd to high in event settings to show them on track while learning a track then disable if you want to take photos etc) these are your braking points.
General guide:
Red flags -Hard corner BRAKE
Yellow flags- Medium corner (let off throttle no brake)
Green Flag- GO! -light acceleration feather throttle and Power through.

All corners you must go slow in then Power out the corners, It still has some sim physics and not totally arcade.

You can always lower the AI to easy until you master it. Try doing a time trial in your favourite car and track 10-20 laps at a time, an easy one is 430/458/488 Ferrari on Tamil Nadu track 2 (India). Good luck and enjoy it is a fantastic game and bargain for the content you get at this low price!

P.s If you crash unlike sims where you have to drive, turn round and get back on track in DC you can always very quickly reset to track by pressing the left of the touch pad on the controller 👍

Watching how other drivers tackle a track is a great way of learning.Time trial mode is a fantastic way to master a track.Without the distraction of other cars,you can just concentrate on doing lap after lap while chasing a slightly faster ghost.Another great tool is Youtube,just check out one of the numerous world record laps there to show you the ideal way to approach your chosen track.It will open your eyes on how much dirt you can steal on certain corners,how little you need to brake on others,etc.
Start with the slow cars and work up.I get the feeling that you're braking way too late and thus too hard to be having the problems you're experiencing,it's surprising how little you need to brake on some tracks especially in the slower cars.
Check out my clubmate Brandon setting a blistering time around Fraser valley,keep a close eye on those brake lights :)

Watching how other drivers tackle a track is a great way of learning.Time trial mode is a fantastic way to master a track.Without the distraction of other cars,you can just concentrate on doing lap after lap while chasing a slightly faster ghost.Another great tool is Youtube,just check out one of the numerous world record laps there to show you the ideal way to approach your chosen track.It will open your eyes on how much dirt you can steal on certain corners,how little you need to brake on others,etc.
Start with the slow cars and work up.I get the feeling that you're braking way too late and thus too hard to be having the problems you're experiencing,it's surprising how little you need to brake on some tracks especially in the slower cars.
Check out my clubmate Brandon setting a blistering time around Fraser valley,keep a close eye on those brake lights :)

Yeah but our clubmate isn't of this world. hehe :cheers:

Back