Oil change after every GT race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ppith
  • 20 comments
  • 3,155 views
Messages
64
I'm currently in the middle of the Japanese GT championship (the second race in the Japan races, against all of the JGTC cars) and I've noticed something peculiar. I have to change my car's oil (350Z LM edition) after every race otherwise in the next race my ability to accelerator beyond around 115mph comes to a standstill and the JGTC cars keep ramming my rear as a result. I've tested this on the first two tracks so far. Am I hitting the rev limiter too often during these races? It's strange because the oil color is always yellow when I go to change it, but it gives me back acceleration beyond 100mph.

I have another question for those of you who have progressed further into the game. Does the AI get harder? I haven't tuned this car at all since I won it as a prize car and I can easily build up ten second leads on the JGTC cars by the end of a race. I watched the lines they're taking and they're horrible! They also brake too early.
 
The AI doesn't get harder, there just always the one or two lead cars that are 10 seconds ahead of everyone.
 
sUn
The AI doesn't get harder, there just always the one or two lead cars that are 10 seconds ahead of everyone.


Sometimes that gets annoying as hell. :grumpy:
 
I was having the same problem with the Nissan. I put the stage 4(?) turbo on it. YHou go so damn fast thry wont be anywhere near you!
 
sUn
The AI doesn't get harder, there just always the one or two lead cars that are 10 seconds ahead of everyone.
I hate this, it happens in every race, and ruins what would otherwise be a good, close race.

As for the 350Z LM, I just did the same championship in the same car, and I noticed no problems with oil. It's a very easy series with the 350Z LM though, I was winning by more than 30 seconds every race before I just stopped trying. It's a shame, it could have been a close series if the AI drivers were not so inept (my car would beat them on the striaghts, while the JGTC cars should have been able to beat me in the corners).
 
Definitely an easy series to win. I won it in my fully tuned NSX-R Concept, with ease I might add.
 
Ugh, well I think I've figured it out. It looks like my DFP might have a loose connection somewhere as the brake indicator is showing that I'm applying maybe 5% of the brakes when I'm not touching the pedal at all! At least the gas pedal indicator goes completely black when I take my foot off of the gas pedal. Now to try and find out why this is happening...thankfully we have those indicators!
 
I won it with the Takata NSX, with only 1 engine mod. Not hard it you like a little challenge.
 
ppith
Ugh, well I think I've figured it out. It looks like my DFP might have a loose connection somewhere as the brake indicator is showing that I'm applying maybe 5% of the brakes when I'm not touching the pedal at all! At least the gas pedal indicator goes completely black when I take my foot off of the gas pedal. Now to try and find out why this is happening...thankfully we have those indicators!

There's a lot of info on this - call logitech and tell them you are having problems, they have excellent tech support and will most likely ship you out some new pedals (they fixed the problem - something about potentiometers, but I have no idea what that means. :)
 
I had the same problems with the pedals on my DFP and i just returned mine to the store that I got them from. It happened right when I got mine home.
 
ppith
I'm currently in the middle of the Japanese GT championship (the second race in the Japan races, against all of the JGTC cars) and I've noticed something peculiar. I have to change my car's oil (350Z LM edition) after every race otherwise in the next race my ability to accelerator beyond around 115mph comes to a standstill and the JGTC cars keep ramming my rear as a result. I've tested this on the first two tracks so far. Am I hitting the rev limiter too often during these races? It's strange because the oil color is always yellow when I go to change it, but it gives me back acceleration beyond 100mph.

I have another question for those of you who have progressed further into the game. Does the AI get harder? I haven't tuned this car at all since I won it as a prize car and I can easily build up ten second leads on the JGTC cars by the end of a race. I watched the lines they're taking and they're horrible! They also brake too early.

PPITH,
So you can change oil during a championship? I wasn't aware of this. I too just finished the JGTC with my HSC, and didn't change the oil until completion. It had lost 25HP.
 
It seems to be that if you race a car for about 140 miles, you will lose 25hp, but you will get it all back if you change the oil right away.
 
After every Series I run, I will do an oil change before I put the car back in the garage, I do it with every car. Just a habit I got into to help reduce the wear on them. And I wash them before I enter a Series.
 
ppith
Ugh, well I think I've figured it out. It looks like my DFP might have a loose connection somewhere as the brake indicator is showing that I'm applying maybe 5% of the brakes when I'm not touching the pedal at all! At least the gas pedal indicator goes completely black when I take my foot off of the gas pedal. Now to try and find out why this is happening...thankfully we have those indicators!


Hi... I had the same problem and had to take the pedal set apart to solve it. There are nine phillips screws on the bottom to remove. Be careful though, as you want to keep the pedals in their slots as you remove the cover with the pedals upside down. It was a simple matter to check the wire connections and then insure that tabs of the shafts ( I think they call these potentiators and the slots are called pots.) were in their slots.
After I did this, mine works fine.... Oh, by the way, they say opening it up will void the warranty.... I didn't care; I just wanted to drive!
 
Apollo
And I wash them before I enter a Series.

Ah, keeping the sponsors happy. Good idea. :) But if you wash them after the series, they'll be clean in your garage too!
 
I am pretty sure you can leave a race and resume after an oil change?
 
CrackHoor
Ah, keeping the sponsors happy. Good idea. :) But if you wash them after the series, they'll be clean in your garage too!

Quick question, does washing your car actually do anything?
 
my mustang was flat red, and i was going agianst another cobraR, holy moly what a difference, it was super glossy and more like a pink, and mine was like a ferrari red (older ferrari red)
 
cultfreak69
I was having the same problem with the Nissan. I put the stage 4(?) turbo on it. YHou go so damn fast thry wont be anywhere near you!
you dont when any points though only 1pt
 
Back