Oil Change and Engine Overhaul

  • Thread starter Thread starter Garthur
  • 3 comments
  • 1,452 views
Messages
19
Messages
Garthur88
Hi,

Just wondering how often I should be changing my oil and overhauling my engine? I know about changing the oil when buying a car (new or used) to give it a HP boost but no idea how long between changes I should leave it. Also does washing your car improve anything or is it just a cosmetic?

Thanks
 
Oil? Every time it gets dark, I think. Not sure about overhaul. When you'll see some BHP missing, probably.
 
The "new" oil has a gold colour. If you visit GT Auto and see that your oil is darker or even black then change it. Happened two times with my FGT, got 100BHP back. I have performed only one overhaul on the same car before doing an endurance race but didn't notice any changes performance wise
 
I've been grinding my ZR-1 after about 1200 or miles, the oil color was quite dark, but not yet to the point of the oil light coming on. . . so I'd say for newer cars ever 250 to 500 miles. Otherwise, just monitor your oil in the GT Auto section.
 
Back