Oil changes...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stones
  • 7 comments
  • 1,273 views
Messages
219
United States
Wisconsin USA
Messages
sstoness
Did a search on this any didn't find anything so...

Anyone know, offhand, what the hp changes are after changing oil? Just did a change and put myself over the hp on the restrictions so...now I have to buy another. Too bad it doesn't show you the difference BEFORE you hit the button! ;-)
 
The amount of additional HP differs from car to car... Some get ~30HP, some get only ~5HP.

I'd think it's somewhere around 5% of the original HP for most cars.
 
Did a search on this any didn't find anything so...

Anyone know, offhand, what the hp changes are after changing oil? Just did a change and put myself over the hp on the restrictions so...now I have to buy another. Too bad it doesn't show you the difference BEFORE you hit the button! ;-)

you dont need to buy another car...just drive the heck out of the car till the hp goes down below restrictions
 
^^^ thats right i do that every time
 
I bought a 2.3 Volvo estate with ~40,000 miles and an oil change + overhaul lifted the power from 119 to 131 bhp.
 
Did a search on this any didn't find anything so.../
LOL

I like the way the answer to your question can be found in an old thread which is now siitting directly next to yours..!!!

👍
 
Did a search on this any didn't find anything so...

Anyone know, offhand, what the hp changes are after changing oil? Just did a change and put myself over the hp on the restrictions so...now I have to buy another. Too bad it doesn't show you the difference BEFORE you hit the button! ;-)

If you drive it long enough (to where it needs another oil change 💡) the bhp should drop low enough for it to eligible again.

For the record: which car/event are you trying to complete?
 
I hope that someday we'll know for sure how much HP will be gained beforehand. I've lost count how many times I've gone couple of HP overboard and had to either grind the HP down or repurchase the car.
 
Back