Oil, Engine, and Chassis wear

• Thread starter IceGT
  • 10 comments
lceGT
IceGTZ
I’m adding this information because I haven’t been able to find it on the forums I’m just noting when the wear items go bad. (This is without any maintenance on the car)

Engine Oil: approx 950 miles
Engine: approx 13,000 miles
Chassis: approx 21,700 miles

I hope this helps anyone else looking for this information

Attachments

• 0BE6444B-F874-4BA0-B032-C667BBDBC511.jpeg
    0BE6444B-F874-4BA0-B032-C667BBDBC511.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
  • C8B25036-9880-47B0-BD79-B3FCC4780D03.jpeg
    C8B25036-9880-47B0-BD79-B3FCC4780D03.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 18
  • A2C85527-A63C-41D4-BCB9-8CCD14604D30.jpeg
    A2C85527-A63C-41D4-BCB9-8CCD14604D30.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18
Yes they do, and they definitely affect the car's performance. I check my cars regularly, or at least the cars I'm using. And as far as I know, you can only check the status in your Garage, or at the Shop (the place that lets you fix the problems).

I believe it works like this: If it says "Excellent", there's no problem. If it says "Good", there's still no problem, but it's a warning that it will go "Bad" if you don't fix it at the shop. If it says "Bad", it will affect the car's performance, kind of like when you take damage during a race. All of a sudden you can't drive as well as you thought you could, and you wonder what the heck is going on. Don't ask me how I know. 😂

How does engine wear work on used cars? You can buy a used car with 30k on the clock but it will say excellent for the condition. Surely it should be worn already?

How does engine wear work on used cars? You can buy a used car with 30k on the clock but it will say excellent for the condition. Surely it should be worn already?
I think the UCD maintains them in advance until you buy them but I did have an instance where I purchased a used C3 convertible Corvette and it started in normal status instead of the usual excellent.

I also recall having been told that at 100,000 km / 60,900 mi the car gets beyond repairable usage as in, you repair and it still would miss a few HP and handle less well until you purchase an unworn engine / unworn body from the extreme tab in the tune shop and yes this whole re-do can cost brutal amounts depending on the car.

Last edited:
Interesting. Does that affect the pp? I'm a championship atm that has the same used cars but of considerably varying mileage like 4k to 50k but the pp all seems to be the same.

Interesting. Does that affect the pp? I'm a championship atm that has the same used cars but of considerably varying mileage like 4k to 50k but the pp all seems to be the same.
I'm pretty sure it depends on the state of the car and if I'm not mistaken any distance over 100k km / 60,900 mi which lowers the HP/TQ would lower the PP in sync with the amount of numbers lost. A car with more power seems to lose more but it degrades at same rate.

A car with 1,000 HP would lose more PP due to the numbers being bigger but the degradation seems to occur at the same km / mi rate.

Distance below 100 k km / 60,900 mi doesn't seem to affect any vehicles.

Last edited:
Bought a Honda a few weeks ago.

AB19EAA5-91D0-493C-835F-62B8FA644732.jpeg

Throws everything I thought before out the window. I thought all were fine, until this one.

You know there’s a little trick to reset the mileage so oil, engine, and chassis conditions remain the same no matter many miles/kilometers you’ve driven….
How do you do that please??? I would love to make my UCD car new.

How do you do that please??? I would love to make my UCD car new.
The trick will not reset the mileage on a used car all the way back to 0. What the trick does is it resets the mileage back to whatever mileage you have before you enter a race, so if it’s a brand new car with 0 mileage on it, it will of course reset it back to 0. Essentially, it prevents you from racking up miles on the car and therefore keeping oil, engine, and chassis in the same conditions as before.

To perform the trick, before exiting out of a race from the race quick menu, just bring up the car setup screen (see screenshot below; no need to go into the detailed setup screen) and cancel out of that screen. That’s it. Once that's been done, your mileage is reset to the same mileage as before you enter the race. So say you enter a race with 1,000 miles on the odometer already and then do an endurance race for a few hundred miles. At the end of the race before exiting out of the race quick menu, if you do this trick, it will reset your car's mileage back to 1,000 miles, even though you've just raced for a few hundred miles. If you don’t or forget to do this before exiting the race quick menu, all the mileage you incurred during the race will of course be added to your car’s mileage.

AFAIK, this trick works for single-player races and even online time trials.

One anomaly not related to the trick that I’ve noticed is that if you change your car setups in the garage, that for some reason bumps up the mileage by a few miles, even though you have not driven the car yet and are just tinkering around with car settings in the garage....

Gran Turismo® 7_20230214202559.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230214202232.jpg

Back