Oil Slicks

• Thread starter OwsyF1
  • 4 comments
I'd just like some advice on how anyone else deals with slicks. I've read a couple of bits posted on other threads.

Is it just me or do oil slicks REALLY affect us but essentially has no effect on the AI? Combined with the fact the computer feels the need to HIDE the slicks either in blind unavoidable places or right on the darkest part of the track?????

Without fail an oil slick will cost me 2 seconds (thats if I'm lucky and just let off as I go over it) and if its unsighted it puts me sideways (like 90 degrees) then generally the fastest possible time into the nearest wall!!!

Anyone have any suggested fixes (set up or driving style wise) its just my only real irriitation with the game and can ruin a race very unfairly... (oh and the fact that the AI seems utterly unaffected by rain yet my car starts to handle like a sack of potatoes...)

Well if you see the hazard flag, then drive on the dirty line much as possible until the flags goes away. Thats what im always doing.

Next time if you want more info, then visit this thread

Ty for that!!! i do basically avoid the racing line at all costs on first sight of the hazard flag (i've noticed the slicks appear in similar places each track and can often pre-empt them I just would prefer to have another option) but was just wondering if anyone had a "fairer" suggestion as going offline for what can be 2, 3 or even 4 corners can be a killer if you're in a fight for position already and it irks me that the AI doesnt have the same disadvantage! The thread you posted was gi-normous so will sift through it ty for advice !

Yes, I think slicks do seem to offer the AI an "unfair" advantage. I try & stay off the racing line, but this does slow you down, & even then it's no guarantee you won't encounter the slick...

On straights: go off racingline
Off straights: stick to racingline and pray...
If you hit the oil, go off-throttle and try go steer straight over. Don't turn when hitting the oil unless you absolutely have to...in which case pray some more

Back