Old cars in GTS and how would it turn out in real life?

• Thread starter Ddkklop
  • 8 comments
India
India
In recent times, I've noticed how fast are some of the old Italian cars in GTS, having way faster accelerations, cornering speeds and better braking than in real life and stock for stock they can beat many modern N200-N300, even some N400 cars.

We had a discussion about this in another thread and someone suggested that it could because all N class cars use the same, modern sport tyres, which are faster than the original tyres these cars used back in the day. Which makes sense why are they faster in the game, but I still think they are little too fast, given how outdated their chassis, suspension, brakes etc are.

But now it made me think - what if there was a battle on tsukuba, between Lamborghini Miura and R34 GTR, both cars fully stock, but both equipped with same modern sport tyres in real life? For me, this is a very interesting battle and it's hard for me to tell which one of these would win. Miura has power/weight ratio advantage and R34 is superior in almost every other way. How would it turn out in your opinion?

Last edited:
Always wondered why people tend to compare those cars, like Miura in its respective time was top exotic car, while R34 was a performance car much cheaper and in mass production. 'Course some of the old cars will outperform, especially keeping in mind how small in size those cars been with equal numbers of HP.

Always wondered why people tend to compare those cars, like Miura in its respective time was top exotic car, while R34 was a performance car much cheaper and in mass production. 'Course some of the old cars will outperform, especially keeping in mind how small in size those cars been with equal numbers of HP.
Which some of the old cars? I doubt a Miura could keep up with an R34. It has wider tyres to start with. AWD, better gearing, big brakes, modern suspension and electronic aids. Stock vs Stock around Tsukuba, I don't think the Miura gearing would suit. Miura is 1 second slower than an R34 to 60mph. So, it loses that battle. The R34 is quicker in the 1/4 mile. After that, it's a walk around that circuit. Muira can't use outright speed on Tsukuba. It loses that battle too.

Just because it was a supercar back then, doesn't mean it carries over to beating up modern cars in matching performance. An Evo X is pretty damn quick and a track weapon. It's even quicker than the R34.
If a Subaru can hang with these supercars, the Miura would have to be capable of this. I doubt it.

If I throw in an '04 NSX-R vs Miura, fuggetaboutit.

In recent times, I've noticed how fast are some of the old Italian cars in GTS, having way faster accelerations, cornering speeds and better braking than in real life and stock for stock they can beat many modern N200-N300, even some N400 cars.

We had a discussion about this in another thread and someone suggested that it could because all N class cars use the same, modern sport tyres, which are faster than the original tyres these cars used back in the day. Which makes sense why are they faster in the game, but I still think they are little too fast, given how outdated their chassis, suspension, brakes etc are.

But now it made me think - what if there was a battle on tsukuba, between Lamborghini Miura and R34 GTR, both cars fully stock, but both equipped with same modern sport tyres in real life? For me, this is a very interesting battle and it's hard for me to tell which one of these would win. Miura has power/weight ratio advantage and R34 is superior in almost every other way. How would it turn out in your opinion?
So are you trying to say that PD should nerf these old Italian cars?

Just because it was a supercar back then, doesn't mean it carries over to beating up modern cars in matching performance. An Evo X is pretty damn quick and a track weapon. It's even quicker than the R34.
If a Subaru can hang with these supercars, the Miura would have to be capable of this. I doubt it.

I just mean that, older cars has to be top class to match current "average" cars. Some of them has to had more than 4 carburetors to only perform like simple injection systems installed in common sedan nowadays. You probably thought I'm going to defend Miura, but I'm certain that even simpler modern cars could match it.

This is the first time I tried to compare them.
Which some of the old cars? I doubt a Miura could keep up with an R34. It has wider tyres to start with. AWD, better gearing, big brakes, modern suspension and electronic aids. Stock vs Stock around Tsukuba, I don't think the Miura gearing would suit. Miura is 1 second slower than an R34 to 60mph. So, it loses that battle. The R34 is quicker in the 1/4 mile. After that, it's a walk around that circuit. Muira can't use outright speed on Tsukuba. It loses that battle too.

Oh well, I thought about including NSX-R in this comparison, but felt like this would be too obvious.

Maybe on the Fuji it would be closer battle, if both cars had the same tyres on. I can imagine the Miura being left in corners and then slowly keeping up at the end of the big straight.
So are you trying to say that PD should nerf these old Italian cars?
Tbh, I don't mind it that much. But yes it would be more realistic if they did5

This is the first time I tried to compare them.

Oh well, I thought about including NSX-R in this comparison, but felt like this would be too obvious.

Maybe on the Fuji it would be closer battle, if both cars had the same tyres on. I can imagine the Miura being left in corners and then slowly keeping up at the end of the big straight.
with the NSX-R. I believe
The gap would be too great as the NSX-R has a slightly higher top speed than the Miura.

In the other thread, someone else said the 365gtb would beat any JDM in real life. That's false, of course. Even with the same tyres as the NSX-R, The Miura is still like a GT car, where the NSX-R is practically a race car.

In the video below, it's at the old circuit, but take notice of the lap time from the old Hakosuka race car(on slicks) compared to the NSX-R in the next race

It's a bit asinine to think a supercar of the mid-60s could stand a chance against a performance car from 35 years later in any metric besides top speed.

Top Gear showed sacred cows being bested around the track by a diesel Astra wasn't it?

In the other thread, someone else said the 365gtb would beat any JDM in real life. That's false, of course. Even with the same tyres as the NSX-R, The Miura is still like a GT car, where the NSX-R is practically a race car.

I know that was over-exaggeration.

Back