• Thread starter Diego440
  • 2 comments

Diego440

Born to browse
Premium
Venezuela
CCS
GTP_Diego
Hiya, long time since I last posted here. Got back into the game by recreating some long-beloved tracks and I'm more than willing to share them.

I've gotten into remaking some older tracks, all recreated in Eifel Flat, and probably a bit too narrow than they should be. These are the ones I've got so far:

- Circuit de Pau - Where the French GP was held in the 1930s, kinda like a suburban Monaco

- NOLA Motorsports Park - In Louisiana, long straights followed by twisting roads, I had a lot of fun testing it out

- Okayama International Circuit - Japanese track also known as Aida (that's how I have it listed), very twisty.

- Autodromo de Turagua - Venezuelan track I included, just because it's one of three circuits I've driven in real life; it's much narrower than the original version, but it drives well.

- Circuito de Ospedaletti - Italian racing course, active from 1947 to 1972, it was the first track I created and I'm sure I botched the length, though it does have that old school feel of long straights followed by hairpins.

- Autódromo Aldea Romana de Bahía Blanca - Located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm still testing this one with many cars, as I'm not sure how much I liked it yet. It only has about 10 curves and RWD cars tend to oversteer a lot. http://i.imgur.com/zUyD2Xx.png

Here's my ID, I'm uploading tracks all the time, although I don't know how often I'll be posting here:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/D_Diamantes/course/

Three new tracks.

Baku World Challenge (Azerbaijan)
Originally a street circuit in Azerbaijan, it lasted from 2012 to 2014. The main "straight" is actually a curve, which is impossible to recreate on the current settings of the track editor, yet it made for an even greater main part with two new curves thanks to the addition of that straight. The rest of the track has long curves and twisty chicanes. It's narrow because it's supposed to be a street circuit, but in Eifel Flat.

Bahrain International Circuit (Bahrain)
Albeit not very "old school", it makes for a fun challenge just to create it. The curves are a bit faster than the real track due to the limitations of the app, but it's quite fun, albeit a bit longer than the real one.

Bushy Park (Barbados)
Bushy Park race track features a 2.2 km FIA grade 3 course. The race track was built in 1971 by sugar cane plantation workers. The 2014 Top Gear Festival was held here, and it also hosted the 2014 Race of Champions. Bushy Park has also been used as a stage for the Rally Barbados.

Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna (Caruaru)

There are about three Ayrton Senna tracks in Brazil; this one's perhaps the one with the mostr straightaways and I did it in Eifel, making for a nice home straight that goes upwards and another straight sloped downwards, it's great fun for a circuit that is originally located in Caruaru, Brazil and that hosts mostly Formula Three Sudamericana events.

Circuit Jules Tacheny

This is a 3.418-mile (5.503 km) motor racing circuit in Mettet, Belgium. The version I created is almost the same length (3.5 miles), yet the curves in mine are longer, so you don't get the street circuit feel.

Autódromo Tocancipá

Located in Colombia; that's about as much info as I have on it. It's good fun and I made it in Eifel, so you have some nice hills and upwards, challenging sections.

Automotodrom Grobnik

This track is located in Rijeka, Croatia, and from 1978 to 1990, it hosted the Yugoslavian motorcycle Grand Prix of MotoGP. The shape itself suggests hills and mountain roads, so it would only make sense to remake it in Eifel course. It's a very straightforward-type track, yet the lack of real straights proves to be a great challenge.

Bugatti Circuit

I'm sure I'm not the first one to remake this track, though I did it to test out squared-off corners and mostly they came out great. The track has some long straights, but the constant ups and downs of the track make it great fun,. plus some of the straights go up and down in the same stretch. The original circuit is a permanent race track located within Circuit des 24 Heures in La Sarthe.

As always, the ID is: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/D_Diamantes/course/

Future projects include adding more of the lesser-known tracks and remaking Pau on Eifel (not flat).

Back