OMG, Has anyone had this problem before?

Gran Turismo7058

(Banned)
I was playing GTA3 last night, and my PS2 shut itself off, and the reset button started flashing. I was so confused it was beyond confused. I called sony as soon as I saw it. They said, "Wow, I have never haerd of a problem like this!". Then I shut it off, and the thing would not open, then I pressed it again and it opened, I got GAT3 out as soon as possible. Then When I took it out, I noticed the fan was not spinning. Then this morning its running regular. Just it won't run a few of my games:
Gran Turismo 3
Ridge Racer V
Ferrari F355 Challenge

Im lost, Sony doesn't know anything.
I want to really play F355 Challenge and Ridge Racer V, cause I just bought them. It won't play a few DVD's also. Has ANYONE had this happen to them? Please share if it has.:confused: :confused: :confused:

How long have you been playing it that day? You may have fryed PART of the power supply... My PS2 did something weird a few days ago, Look in my thread "Dog Darn It!!!!!" My PS2's power supply went out... Yours may have too. Did you buy a warrenty? If you did, thats VERY good, you can get a new one for free, if you did not, call Sony and complain to them, if you do, they might give you a free repair. ;)

Originally posted by F1man
How long have you been playing it that day? You may have fryed PART of the power supply... My PS2 did something weird a few days ago, Look in my thread "Dog Darn It!!!!!" My PS2's power supply went out... Yours may have too. Did you buy a warrenty? If you did, thats VERY good, you can get a new one for free, if you did not, call Sony and complain to them, if you do, they might give you a free repair. ;)

I got it the first day GT3 came out in america. It has worked fine within those years. lEvery time I call sony they want me to send it in.

if it is hot outside it may be getting too hot for the ps2 (when it is running for long periods) so maybe it has a shut down thing instaled on it but that would be my only guess.

Originally posted by Super-Supra
Are your disks Blue? Maybe your having the Blue Disk Problem. It happened to my couzins.

My PS2 started working thanks to Viper Zero. I opened it up, vacuumed the fan then put the top back on and it works better than Ever. It Feels like I just got a new one. Well, Mine reads Blue Fine. It was dusty as hell inside the thing.

Back