On-line Chat Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter ynot
  • 10 comments
  • 723 views
Messages
2,280
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Messages
Obi-Tonobi
When in a lobby, once we get to about 7-8 players some mics stop working. Not always the same person. The ones that do cut out sometimes come back on and then off again. Strange. Sometimes happened in GT5 too. Does not happen in the other games I play. I have tried setting the chat quality to standard and even race quality to standard as well.

Anybody else having this problem?

Do you know a work around?

Thanks
 
It usually happens with people with wireless mics and using a wifi connection. Solution, wire one of them! It's all about interference, bluetooth and wifi use the same bands so they conflict with each other.

Note: I'm not saying it's you that needs to do this but definitely someone in the room is running wifi with their bluetooth mic.
 
My PS3 is hardwired and I am using a Turtle Beach XP400.
 
Could just be a case of bandwidth. More people, less bandwidth, more problems.
 
I don't know how you manage to find a lobby with 8 people... clearly I live in the wrong country.
 
I don't know how you manage to find a lobby with 8 people... clearly I live in the wrong country.

Yes you do lol, try coming into one of my lobbies its always full
 
I don't know how you manage to find a lobby with 8 people... clearly I live in the wrong country.
What do you mean by that?
 
We sometimes have 14-16 in our races.
 
What do you mean by that?
Exactly what I said. In a country as heavily populated as America, its no surprise you can find loads of lobbies. Us folk across the pond aren't so lucky.
 
Where are you at Shakie?
 
Exactly what I said. In a country as heavily populated as America, its no surprise you can find loads of lobbies. Us folk across the pond aren't so lucky.

That's just not right - who forces you to play with players from the region/country you're from? Lobby-hosts who wish to have only one nationality in their room (most of the time "justified" by those due to server connections [...]) became quite rare compared to GT5. You shouldn't have a problem if you can adjust to - for instance - rooms hosted by players from the US.
 
Back