• Thread starter Stotty
  • 6 comments

Stotty

My other car's a Porsche
Premium
United Kingdom
London
GTP_Stotty
Perhaps somewhat of a balance to the 'threads of pain', and for me, proof that on-line can work brilliantly with the right approach :)

I've just put my wheel away after a near 9 hour session of back to back races on-line at Suzuka in the grp4 daily.

It's been by far the best on-line experience I've had since way back in GT5P... Clean, polite, gentlemanly even, but still super fast, hard racing.

I started the day mid DRB, SRS, finished a third of the way along DRA (and still SRS ;)). I don't know exactly how many races I had; around 20 I think. In all those races, I never touched another car, and another car made contact with me only once - and there was no intent; it was nothing more than a 'racing incident'.

Most of the time I was far from the fastest, but with a bit of draft, a focus on hitting brake points and apexes and getting a good exit, I held my own, winning a few races and taking a few poles/fastest laps... but to be honest, I couldn't have cared if I hadn't won one race.

At times, there were 5 or 6 cars nose to tail, at others we were 2 wide through the Esses with zero contact. No one stuffed it up the inside from miles back, everyone one gave room, no one tried the silly pass in to 130r.

It was joyous.

A shout out to those that made my day in case they are on here (excuse me if I forget anyone)...

Eatdirt
Towelie
Giorgio-57
HakkaBi
Mat_Teo90
puppke
RGT_sskila
SPK_93
Zocker16_GTRP
SK_Patohm
UGO_spolding
TSRacing_Racer
Skullwand

For those who are struggling on-line, I have this advice... work on your driving skills! If you can get to SRS, and you're fast enough to hang with top end of DRB rated drivers, the racing is just ****ing awesome.

Hi Chris, Good to hear it's not all doom and gloom online 👍

My question is do you guys have to enter private lobbies or pre-arrange timed meetings or something to stay away from the chaos drivers? I want to actually dip my toe and venture into some of these great races online but I only want to take part if the drivers are all good guys.. any bad apples and I aint interested ;)

I can assure I will drive clean and respectfully but I also expect the same respect back.. and until there is some way to enter these Gentlemens races then I aint really interested :D Can anyone direct me to the fairplay rooms? or private lobbies like the old days? Thanks :cheers:

I hope that makes sense 👍

I think i Added you today.where pretty much had identical lap times on suzuka. Good racing! Looking foreward to compare my lap times to you.

Perhaps somewhat of a balance to the 'threads of pain', and for me, proof that on-line can work brilliantly with the right approach :)

I've just put my wheel away after a near 9 hour session of back to back races on-line at Suzuka in the grp4 daily.

It's been by far the best on-line experience I've had since way back in GT5P... Clean, polite, gentlemanly even, but still super fast, hard racing.

I started the day mid DRB, SRS, finished a third of the way along DRA (and still SRS ;)). I don't know exactly how many races I had; around 20 I think. In all those races, I never touched another car, and another car made contact with me only once - and there was no intent; it was nothing more than a 'racing incident'.

Most of the time I was far from the fastest, but with a bit of draft, a focus on hitting brake points and apexes and getting a good exit, I held my own, winning a few races and taking a few poles/fastest laps... but to be honest, I couldn't have cared if I hadn't won one race.

At times, there were 5 or 6 cars nose to tail, at others we were 2 wide through the Esses with zero contact. No one stuffed it up the inside from miles back, everyone one gave room, no one tried the silly pass in to 130r.

It was joyous.

A shout out to those that made my day in case they are on here (excuse me if I forget anyone)...

Eatdirt
Towelie
Giorgio-57
HakkaBi
Mat_Teo90
puppke
RGT_sskila
SPK_93
Zocker16_GTRP
SK_Patohm
UGO_spolding
TSRacing_Racer
Skullwand

For those who are struggling on-line, I have this advice... work on your driving skills! If you can get to SRS, and you're fast enough to hang with top end of DRB rated drivers, the racing is just ****ing awesome.

Good to read!

I have only done a few online races but have to say I have really enjoyed them and the racing has been of a reasonably good standard all round (I'm currently at DR C, SR B). There have been a few bumps, and unfortunately a couple of nasty ones caused by me going into corners too fast/braking too late and taking someone out.... on the two occasions I can remember that happening I slowed up and let them back past me....

Overall I think the game is a masterpiece, and that the online part of it works really well.

Hi Chris, Good to hear it's not all doom and gloom online 👍

My question is do you guys have to enter private lobbies or pre-arrange timed meetings or something to stay away from the chaos drivers? I want to actually dip my toe and venture into some of these great races online but I only want to take part if the drivers are all good guys.. any bad apples and I aint interested ;)

I can assure I will drive clean and respectfully but I also expect the same respect back.. and until there is some way to enter these Gentlemens races then I aint really interested :D Can anyone direct me to the fairplay rooms? or private lobbies like the old days? Thanks :cheers:

I hope that makes sense 👍

Ron,

You'll be fine... you're naturally fast. You just need to level up quickly.

You need to enter the daily races in sport mode.

Pick and combo you like (avoid the ovals and Tokyo like the plague - they are punt fests), and ideally pick the grp3 10 lapper as this is much quicker to level up. Put you're usual effort in to per-race qualifying, and you'll be pole/front row no problem (this is what I did, and you're quicker than me).

You'll get to Dr lvl B, SR lvl S very quickly... the idiots won't see which way you went :lol:

Takes about 10 race to get to DRB SRS, after that, you'll be good as gold, and well on your way to DRA.

I think i Added you today.where pretty much had identical lap times on suzuka. Good racing! Looking foreward to compare my lap times to you.

Puupke 👍

Yes, we had some good races today... very fast, vert clean :cheers:

Thanks mate will do what you say.. was just hoping there was a little shortcut via arranged meets or private rooms :D:tup:

Cheers for the info.. will dip my toe in tomorrow and see how it goes :cheers:

Thanks mate will do what you say.. was just hoping there was a little shortcut via arranged meets or private rooms :D:tup:

Cheers for the info.. will dip my toe in tomorrow and see how it goes :cheers:

No short cuts... you need to run in sports mode... but I think with your speed, you'll be fine :cheers:

Back