On-line Races -- Low Grade AI drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT_Astroboy
  • 6 comments
  • 729 views
Messages
48
United States
Tucson, Arizona. USA
Messages
jochoalions
I don't know if this is the correct section to post this question. I am sorry if it is not.

Is anyone else having to deal with crashing AI drivers? My experience with the Laguna Seca on-line race is that the other drivers have a knack for crashing into me from the rear thrusting me into the sand traps. It is most annoying, not to mention frustrating.

Is there a setting that I need to change to tone down the 'crashing' driving of the AI ?
 
As far as I know you can't in the main game.

There is a slider in the arcade section that controls AI aggression why they didn't implement that in the main game is any ones guess.

The AI in GT6 is generally considered to be poor (to put it mildly) I recently played Grid Autosport and the AI in that game is far superior. Strange thing is though I still prefer to play GT6 :confused:. Maybe Kaz has some kind of subliminal mind control thing going on :odd:

Steve
 
In the new "A-Spec" seasonals, well the "Expert" ones at least since the first Suzuka one, which is now knocked off the list, the A.I. are braking about 50m later than they ever have before. PD trying something out and failing.

There was a little theory discussed that they had (especially the rabbit) a little bit of the B-spec Bobs about them. Hot temperament when you got near them. Not so sure myself, think some may have a hothead/increase pace programmed in for whole race.

That or they just programmed to break later, and the heavy cars (viper,aventador) are falling off the track more.

Only my observations.
 
In the new "A-Spec" seasonals, well the "Expert" ones at least since the first Suzuka one, which is now knocked off the list, the A.I. are braking about 50m later than they ever have before. PD trying something out and failing.

There was a little theory discussed that they had (especially the rabbit) a little bit of the B-spec Bobs about them. Hot temperament when you got near them. Not so sure myself, think some may have a hothead/increase pace programmed in for whole race.

That or they just programmed to break later, and the heavy cars (viper,aventador) are falling off the track more.

Only my observations.

I see that behaviour as well; braking late and hard, skidding off track. That is fine by me, but the slamming into my derriere is so annoying, and at times very frustrating.

I notice that the behaviour is not contextual; it continues even when I have taken the lead, I see their token arrows driving off on the course map. Go figure!!

Thanks for mentioning your experience.
 
I have run Bathurst several times and didn't notice the crazy antics as much this time...although I got rammed on the last left hand corner after the long back straight on the fifth lap. The Cerbera has been on my tail for all races and any mistakes I make, takes me to second. Fun track.
 
Back