Once you master a track in CE you should be able to use a car from garage

• Thread starter GTFraker
  • 13 comments
Poland
Poland
The other day I was practising Dragon Trail in a Huracan and the final S kept giving me trouble, however, since the turns are located in sector 3 I had to do a whole another lap to be able to have another go. Then it occurred to me that although the CE section is a great way to learn the lines, it doesn't let you use any car other than the one which was chosen for the said track.

I believe it would be a good change for the next patch that once you earn gold in a circuit, then you would have the option to use any car from your garage to complete the challenges.

That's a good idea, yes. Another thing that I was thinking about is not to have penalties during qualifications - so basically when you mess up - just invalidate the time of the current lap - most of the time if I have to slow down to get rid of the penalty I've already messed up the lap, and in some tracks if I mess the last corner and get a penalty I have two options with the same final result :
1. Slow down to get rid of the penalty but mess up my entire speed leading to 2-3 tenths slower time already in the first corner
2. Drive with the penalty up until the next lap, meaning I have to a whole lap for nothing.

Dragon trail is like a 2 minute track in even the slowest car? Allowing garage and tuned cars would be easy to implement, so I don't see why not.
I don't like rewind buttons in racing games.
If you carry a penalty over the finish line - then it must invalidate the new lap, otherwise people could exploit building up an unrealistic top speed for crossing the finish line - in order to prepare the new lap a few tenths which could equate to seconds faster by the first corner.

I feel your pain if you are trying to learn a long track like nurburg, but dragon trail?

Dragon trail is like a 2 minute track in even the slowest car? Allowing garage and tuned cars would be easy to implement, so I don't see why not.
I don't like rewind buttons in racing games.
If you carry a penalty over the finish line - then it must invalidate the new lap, otherwise people could exploit building up an unrealistic top speed for crossing the finish line - in order to prepare the new lap a few tenths which could equate to seconds faster by the first corner.

I feel your pain if you are trying to learn a long track like nurburg, but dragon trail?
Does it matter? If it works for Nurb it works for Dragon Trail and the rest, it would be good option to have either way.

There is no substitute for practice in online lobbies. In campaign if you 'perfect' one sector, will you then give up on the other sectors? I expect you could 'think' you have perfected every sector and yet never be able to string a lap together.
What about tire wear? you will be rushing into a corner which is ok with new tires in a sector practice, but will mo the grass in a full lap.

The best way to learn a track is to drive it behind a faster driver, I did what I thought was my best qualifying lap, I got matched with much faster drivers and after following them for a couple of laps I was able to take 5 tenths off my next qualifying lap. If I had been sat offine practicing the same 'wrong' line, I would never have improved.

There is no substitute for practice in online lobbies. In campaign if you 'perfect' one sector, will you then give up on the other sectors? I expect you could 'think' you have perfected every sector and yet never be able to string a lap together.
What about tire wear? you will be rushing into a corner which is ok with new tires in a sector practice, but will mo the grass in a full lap.

The best way to learn a track is to drive it behind a faster driver, I did what I thought was my best qualifying lap, I got matched with much faster drivers and after following them for a couple of laps I was able to take 5 tenths off my next qualifying lap.
I think you have difficulty understanding the point of the thread, how about you take your head out of wherever you left it and pay attention.
This is not about mastering a track sector by sector, this is about each car having their own characteristic and behaviour, I want to be able to use a car from my own garage to use in CE so I can fine tune my driving line, braking points in a sector I feel I'm weaker.

Now if you can't come up with a well thought out response and want to continue patronising me, then, don't bother replying.

I said in my first reply "Allowing garage and tuned cars would be easy to implement, so I don't see why not."

I'm not trying to patronise anyone, just give another persective. I'm trying to clearly point out that practicing such a thing is worthless in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think it would be a nice feature to have.

Personally I often have a sector I'm worse at, and it would be really nice to practice that specifically with a specific car. It would also help us with less time on our hands, as we don't need to drive the whole track to improve.

Yesterday at alsace village in the nations cup I was ~0.6 sec faster in the first two sectors than the car in front me me, but ~0.6 sec slower in the last sector. Would be nice to efficiently practice that last sector before the race.

I think it would be a nice feature to have.

Personally I often have a sector I'm worse at, and it would be really nice to practice that specifically with a specific car. It would also help us with less time on our hands, as we don't need to drive the whole track to improve.

Yesterday at alsace village in the nations cup I was ~0.6 sec faster in the first two sectors than the car in front me me, but ~0.6 sec slower in the last sector. Would be nice to efficiently practice that last sector before the race.
Exactly my sentiments.

Back