One brand career?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iLex
  • 17 comments
  • 1,223 views
Messages
1,155
Messages
gtp_iLex
I saw my fellow countryman's thread on beating the career with only skylines and it made me wonder if there is one car brand that covers the whole career.

Of course there is none if you play it by strict rules as each car brand is limited to either Asia, Europe or America, but if you take models create for other markets under different brands or sister companies into account there should be a brand that covers everything, right?
My knowledge of car companies and their relations is sadly not that good, so I turn to you!

Which car company/companies can cover (most of) the whole spectrum of events (save the one make races of course) of the GT6 career?
 
I think Toyota and Mazda can both be used, for they too have a very wide range of vehicles. Honda should propably do the trick too, and I don't think you need Acura for that either. Perhaps Peugeot?
 
I think Toyota and Mazda can both be used, for they too have a very wide range of vehicles. Honda should propably do the trick too, and I don't think you need Acura for that either. Perhaps Peugeot?

I thought of Toyota too. You can cover the American race through the Scion FR-S (I think any American car can be entered in the muscle car races, right?), but I have no clue how to end up in Europe… though I am sure there is an obvious link :)


Toyota has a NASCAR car though as well as cars that can get you through GT300/GT500 and LMP races. I am pretty sure you can enter just about anything in the GT3 championship, so that shouldn't be a problem.
The MR2 can do the MR races… it can probably be tuned enough to beat the AI in an Enzo :D
 
Last edited:
The closest I think you can get is by using Nissan and their relationship with Renault. US races can be done using Infiniti, Renault have the r5 turbo for MR races and the '66 r8 gordini for historic races. Everything else (bar Nascar) can be covered by Nissan
 
The closest I think you can get is by using Nissan and their relationship with Renault. US races can be done using Infiniti, Renault have the r5 turbo for MR races and the '66 r8 gordini for historic races. Everything else (bar Nascar) can be covered by Nissan

I was hoping to avoid Nissan, but apparently I cant...
Although they can do about the same as Toyota.
Nissan can't do NASCAR, Toyota can't do Europe.

General motors is also an option I think. Chevy covers most of the hardcore stuff. Opel/Vauxhall for Europe and an alliance with Suzuki that should do the trick for some Japan only races (if my sources are correct).
Not sure what to pit against the LMPs though… The Escudo!?
 
Or the Monster Sport Pikes Peak car, that's a Suzuki as well.
 
Or the Monster Sport Pikes Peak car, that's a Suzuki as well.
Thanks, although I think that the affiliation is one step further than I intended :)

Suzuki is owned by the Volkswagen Group… right?
 
VW owned about 20% of Suzuki but I know there were legal issues between the two and I'm not sure if VW and Suzuki still have any connection.
 
I was hoping to avoid Nissan, but apparently I cant...
Although they can do about the same as Toyota.
Nissan can't do NASCAR, Toyota can't do Europe.

General motors is also an option I think. Chevy covers most of the hardcore stuff. Opel/Vauxhall for Europe and an alliance with Suzuki that should do the trick for some Japan only races (if my sources are correct).
Not sure what to pit against the LMPs though… The Escudo!?

If the Corvette race cars are still as fast as they were in GT5 (the race mod ones) you should be able to beat the AI LMPs with that.
 
Since only using Skylines can get you pretty far, using cars related to Nissan would be even better. Here's the list of races you can't do with Skylines, in bold races you can do with cars from the Renault–Nissan Alliance, in italic races that can be done with cars from companies working together with Nissan:

National B
Sunday Kart JR (Gran Turismo works together with Nissan through GT Academy and Vision Gran Turismo)
FF Challenge (Nissan and Renault both have FF cars)

National A
Clubman Kart Cup (Gran Turismo works together with Nissan through GT Academy and Vision Gran Turismo)
MR Challenge (Nissan and Renault both have MR cars)
Electric Circuits (Nissan Leaf)

Festival Italia
European Hot Hatch (Renault)
Schwarzwald League
Classic Muscle Car Series

International B
Tour of Europe (Renault)
Tour of America (Infiniti)

GT Kart Championship 125 (Gran Turismo works together with Nissan through GT Academy and Vision Gran Turismo)
British Lightweights
Fighting Muscle (Infiniti)

International A
GT Kart Championship Shifter (Gran Turismo works together with Nissan through GT Academy and Vision Gran Turismo)
NASCAR Cup

That's just 5 races that can't be done with Nissans.
 
There is no single make that you can use in all races

That's just 5 races that can't be done with Nissans.
How do you get 5 races out of that? There are 5 races in Nascar alone and saying that karts count as Nissan is quite a leap.

Using that Logic why not go with Ford, Ford has or has had dealings with Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo, PD
That would shorten the list to just 2 series Festival Italia, Schwarzwald League

btw fighting muscle using Infiniti is a joke. Amazing what passes as a muscle car now a days. I think people have forgotten what a muscle car is.
 
Perhaps cars starting with a particular letter or year would be fun?
 
Volkswagen/Audi - Bentley, Lambo, Seat, Skoda.?

Can cover FF, FR, 4X4, Turbo, N/A, DTM, Supercar, GT2, GT3, LMP

For Hybrid/low emission? Get out and push a Lambo!

Yeah, i'm going...
 
I think Toyota could cover almost everything. For ties to europe, the Lotus Elise runs Toyota engines.
 
Perhaps cars starting with a particular letter or year would be fun?

Any restriction can be fun :)

If the goal is not to complete all the races but instead go for the ending movie then many more manufacturers are possible.

I was thinking about doing a BMW only career on my second account, with the 24 minutes of Le Mans as the final goal.


Volkswagen/Audi - Bentley, Lambo, Seat, Skoda.?

Can cover FF, FR, 4X4, Turbo, N/A, DTM, Supercar, GT2, GT3, LMP

For Hybrid/low emission? Get out and push a Lambo!

Yeah, i'm going...

Don't forget MR :)
 
There is no single make that you can use in all races


How do you get 5 races out of that? There are 5 races in Nascar alone and saying that karts count as Nissan is quite a leap.

It is indeed, then again, the karts are not going to fit in in any way, so might as well go with this.


Using that Logic why not go with Ford, Ford has or has had dealings with Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo, PD
That would shorten the list to just 2 series Festival Italia, Schwarzwald League

Or using that logic you could go with Gran Turismo, which has dealings with all the other manufacturers :)
I thought about Ford as well…
To cover everything we might need to stretch the boundaries a bit though.

btw fighting muscle using Infiniti is a joke. Amazing what passes as a muscle car now a days. I think people have forgotten what a muscle car is.

It is all about the restrictions PD sets for races. I think for muscle car races you just need an American car.
You can enter just about anything in the GT3 races as well… even street cars.


edit: Sorry double post. Was planning on editing my previous post… and forgot.
 
couldn't you count Ford trying to buy Ferrari as a dealing? It didn't go through but they tried and that was what led to the GT40
 
Nissan. 140 something Nissans. Although Toyota has NASCARs.
 
Back