One General Question

• Thread starter Tevshaun
  • 44 comments
atteiros
Hahaha! I'd blame the movie (Tokyo Drift) for that.:dunce:

You know, I hadn't thought of that. But that's an excellent point. Well said. 👍

And just for the record. Drifting is NOT harder then grip and grip is NOT harder then drift. They are both equally difficult to do correctly. Except for the fact that grip driving is governed by time and drifting is more subjective.

MdnIte
Has the general IQ level of the drift forum gone down this low...?

Or is it just me?
well.. i didnt really want to say anything, but i kinda have to agree with you. although us 'vets' are still around with decent IQ, there has been an influx of members lately. (possibly from 'the movie' which i havent even seen yet)

and if anyone is still having problems with snapback, just keep praticing your steering work. im pretty sure everyone who is good at gt4 drifting has gone through a snapback phase sometime or another.

Regarding snapback... using the DFP, you can actually tell when the car's about to snap back. It might be just me though, but the slack on the wheel somehow feels different and it kinda tells me to either feather the throttle or compensate with the steering.

FC3Sleepah
Gripping properly and achieving a fast lap time is actually harder than drifting.

Yea I'm agreeing with this. I have to concentrate much harder when I'm racing.

Drifting is more like blowing steam off for me nowadays, but it's physically tiring spinning the wheel constantly ;)

Tevshaun
ok u want meh to back it up....ill get my gripping videos soon

You don't need videos. Just go to Arcade Mode, get a BMW M3, adjust power to maximum, weight to minimum, put soft tyres on it and drive as fast as you can around Infineon Raceway. Then post your time to flat-out in a Private Message, and your ranking will be displayed in the WRS Qualifier thread to which I linked you earlier.

atteiros
Regarding snapback... using the DFP, you can actually tell when the car's about to snap back. It might be just me though, but the slack on the wheel somehow feels different and it kinda tells me to either feather the throttle or compensate with the steering.
yeah, it gets kinda light right before its about to snap around on ya. so you would either decrease steering angle, or increase throttle or brake input to get the rear end around some more.

Suzuki
yeah, it gets kinda light right before its about to snap around on ya. so you would either decrease steering angle, or increase throttle or brake input to get the rear end around some more.

sucks for me i have an MC2 ....but u know whats crazy.....
my ps2,wheel,and GT4 all stopped working at the same time......gayness.... welll i got another ps2 and im trying to get another GT4 and steering wheel...hopefully i can get the DFP....

P.S. i am getting ps3,GT5,and the Dfp2 if u were gonna say why not just wait for them

Tevshaun
sucks for me i have an MC2 ....but u know whats crazy.....
my ps2,wheel,and GT4 all stopped working at the same time......gayness.... welll i got another ps2 and im trying to get another GT4 and steering wheel...hopefully i can get the DFP....

P.S. i am getting ps3,GT5,and the Dfp2 if u were gonna say why not just wait for them
if you havent have your dfp for 2 years or more, you can get it exchanged by calling logitech and telling them your problem.

Suzuki
if you havent have your dfp for 2 years or more, you can get it exchanged by calling logitech and telling them your problem.

yea but i have a mad catz.....MC2...its anice steering wheel but pales in comparison to the DFP

Tevshaun
yea but i have a mad catz.....MC2...its anice steering wheel but pales in comparison to the DFP
lol my bad. somehow i missed it in the first sentence you wrote in the other post :ouch:

Latest Posts

Back