One Make Carrer

  • Thread starter Thread starter laserviper3
  • 9 comments
  • 827 views
Messages
318
Messages
laserviper
Just looking for some advice on what would be a good make or some general rules to keep it interesting. I have done a great chunk of the game on my main file and am looking to do this for some fun. Would the 15th ann cars be counted or not or can I count technical alliances to be fine so I can use other companies say like Nissan Renault just shooting for some ideas so any help or ideas are welcome
 
A one-make career isn't really possible in GT6's career mode. Even if you do the whole technical alliances thing, there are some races where your alliance of choice doesn't have an eligible car -- for instance, going with the Nissan-Renault-Infiniti team would leave you without a vehicle for the races requiring British, German or Italian cars; Ford's association with Jaguar and Mazda will only fix one third of that problem; and GM doesn't have an Italian option, either.

To say nothing of the fact that you MUST buy that one Honda grocery-getter to even unlock career mode in the first place.
 
I already sold the fit so it no longer exist in the garage. I am just looking to get the majority of the events if possible. Ford crossed my mind but I was unsure if I wanted to count the Focus 15th as a valid car but Ford sounds like a solid choice. Toyota was a thought considering I would count technical alliances or parts deals letting me have Scion and Lotus. Time to think about it further before I start this how far can I go sticking to my ideas
 
i recently started doing career mode , special events & seasonal events on second account , its fun + save credits to buy somecars & send them to my main account if the community features hit
as for one-make there was a thread that was guiding for playing with only Sky-Lines , check it out
 
Fiat is pretty wide ranging; Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati, Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, SRT, Ram, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Eagle, Abarth, Autobianchi, Mitsubishi(a stretch), Seat(a stretch), Shelby(none of the Shelby Chrysler cars are present)
 
Thanks for the input Hognhominy I'll use Fiat meaning my starting car is now the Eagle Talon
 
Fiat is pretty wide ranging; Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati, Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, SRT, Ram, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Eagle, Abarth, Autobianchi, Mitsubishi(a stretch), Seat(a stretch), Shelby(none of the Shelby Chrysler cars are present)

In this case, you could make it a Chrysler garage instead of a Fiat garage, so you could include all of the above plus Mercedes, McLaren and Mini (and any other makes associated with Mercedes Benz). You should be able to get most of the stars in career mode with such a lineup except for the kart races and NASCAR races.
 
Now all though you need cars from certain companies, you also do win prize cars along the way. Maybe you could pick one manufacturer and use them for all the events you can, because you don't need 100% completion to get to the next tier, and then use the prize cars when you win them. So you would only buy cars of one manufacturer and only use prize cars when needed. I would actually suggest looking at Audi, although it would be easiest to go Nissan, but what's the fun in that. VW could actually be a really viable choice too, and dare I say Renault? (Alpine, Renault, Renault Sport, it all counts as one) I'm pretty sure we have a list of all the events and prize cars here in the forum. I'd take a look at those and try to pick a company that won't contradict the prize cars you win. :cheers:
 
I think VW would cover Audi, Lambo, Bentley, Seat, Suzuki, if you decided to go with VW Group as your heading. It would hit the problem of no North American car that can cover the us events but between the companies does cover a lot of racing forms.

Toyota can cover just as much if you count allainces and parts deals to cover Lotus for Europe and the Scion. Also has Nascar covered and Electric as well

Honda has no europe brand in the game but Acura does cover the US events and good coverage over drivetrains however lacks a car that can cover the higher end events that need a prototype style LMP car

Ford needs help at the start or use the focus 15th to cover the start. really good coverage if you count allainces and former brands owned. Mazda has prototype race cars and a lot of stuff to cover other events and don't forget Land Rover, Volvo and Jaguar to cover Europe.

Fiat Chrysler deal which I decided to try covers a fair bit already mentioned just seems to be lacking a prototype race car. Touring cars are covered most likely between the Challenger TC and the Oreca Vipers, Ferrari would cover a fair bit as well as taking all MR duties Alfa covers the AWD with the Brera or Ram with well the Ram 1500 also No shortage on choices for Muscle cars as well. Sorry Forgot that Lancia is also part of the group so the insane Statros is also available
 
Renault-Nissan has a co-operation with Daimler and with Ford. If you take the DaimlerChrysler shortcut as mentioned above you also gain access to the entire Fiat group.
 
Back