One Make Race

• Thread starter evilcd
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
Kent
Anyone have any idea why in a One Make Race, only being able to alter Traction, why driving in a straight line flat out, foot to the floor, other cars (players) fly past and overtake disappearing into the distance.

How have they got more speed than I have when I’m in top gear, changed up at max revs each time and driving down a long straight on the track?

I use a g29 wheel and pedals, only two weeks old so it’s not a case of worn out pedals. I beat AI in professional mode, I have golds in all driving school I’ve done (up to 25 so far), gold in all missions (up to stage 5), all gold on 7 tracks. So I have speed but it disappears in Sport Mode where I need it most.

Anyone have any idea why in a One Make Race, only being able to alter Traction, why driving in a straight line flat out, foot to the floor, other cars (players) fly past and overtake disappearing into the distance.

How have they got more speed than I have when I’m in top gear, changed up at max revs each time and driving down a long straight on the track?

I use a g29 wheel and pedals, only two weeks old so it’s not a case of worn out pedals. I beat AI in professional mode, I have golds in all driving school I’ve done (up to 25 so far), gold in all missions (up to stage 5), all gold on 7 tracks. So I have speed but it disappears in Sport Mode where I need it most.
driving line , TCS and not shifting at max revs everytime are a few reasons why.

In a one make race a single mistake can put you out of contention, more so than mixed mixed makes. There is no advantage except your own performance. Free speed and maintaining it is essential. So is knowing and understanding your car's powerband to shift effectively.

driving line , TCS and not shifting at max revs everytime are a few reasons why.

In a one make race a single mistake can put you out of contention, more so than mixed mixed makes. There is no advantage except your own performance. Free speed and maintaining it is essential. So is knowing and understanding your car's powerband to shift effectively.
It happened on the long straight on Tokyo Expressway I was already in 6th gear in front of three cars, my foot was flat to the floor, I was in the slipstream of the car in front and the three cars behind me caught me, passed me and disappeared into the distance. My car was at top speed, it was on a straight so driving line wasn’t an issue, by the end of the straight they were 3 seconds in front. How can same setup, same car, all flat out, driving in a straight line have such different speeds?

Definitely turn TCS off that will slow you down. But the people behind you may have been bump drafted.

Jerome

Sorry to sound dumb, but what’s bump drafted? Is that the same as sitting in the slipstream and getting the extra speed.

Not a dumb question at all :)

Its when the guy behind you is drafting you, but instead of going around you to pass, he bumps your rear giving you a good boost of speed.

Sounds crazy right, like who would do that? Well there's two instances 1) dirty driving meant to knock someone wide entering a turn and a realistic option 2) to separate the two of you from the rest of the pack; better odds of winning when its 50/50 vs. taking your chances with a pack of *whatever you want to call it* :lol:

Jerome

If the cars max speed is 125mph, I’m doing 125mph, other drivers are in same setup, same cars, so can only reach 125mph, how can they catch me, overtake and pull away more than 3 seconds on a straight road? We’re all on a straight piece of road so racing line, corner exiting speed isn’t an issue. I’m baffled by this.

If the cars max speed is 125mph, I’m doing 125mph, other drivers are in same setup, same cars, so can only reach 125mph, how can they catch me, overtake and pull away more than 3 seconds on a straight road? We’re all on a straight piece of road so racing line, corner exiting speed isn’t an issue. I’m baffled by this.
why do you assume max is 125 , did you hit the limiter ?

I had a similar thing earlier... I’m not suggesting for a second anything untoward was happening but I was close behind second place coming out of the last corner, got a good exit and slipstreamed him down the slight hill, came alongside and then slowly but surely he started pulling away, no car in front for him to slipstream and my accelerator gauge was 100%. Again using the g29 wheel and pedals.

I had a similar thing earlier... I’m not suggesting for a second anything untoward was happening but I was close behind second place coming out of the last corner, got a good exit and slipstreamed him down the slight hill, came alongside and then slowly but surely he started pulling away, no car in front for him to slipstream and my accelerator gauge was 100%. Again using the g29 wheel and pedals.
That's strange...maybe driver weight :P

Not a dumb question at all :)

Its when the guy behind you is drafting you, but instead of going around you to pass, he bumps your rear giving you a good boost of speed.

Sounds crazy right, like who would do that? Well there's two instances 1) dirty driving meant to knock someone wide entering a turn and a realistic option 2) to separate the two of you from the rest of the pack; better odds of winning when its 50/50 vs. taking your chances with a pack of *whatever you want to call it* :lol:

Jerome

Bump drafting works great at Tokyo. It's actually best to not bump them tho. Just ease up to there bumper and while gradually accelerating more. I did this to a guy in Citreon GT race. We went from 11th and 12th, to 3rd and 4th before the brake zone.

I feel you're greatly underestimating the difference between mid to exit corner speed and momentum. I was running a quali time trial on the GR4 Huracan 1 make race a couple days ago, and I noticed if I was 0.1 second late on my full throttle acceleration in a particular corner, along with not having the correct steering ratio (i'm on a G29 wheel as well) that it could potentially lead to me losing 0.6-0.9 seconds by the time I reached the finish line on the end of my lap...

This seems to be a g29 thing, others have contacted me and said similar. Anyone else with this experience?

Back