One-make races at Daytona

  • Thread starter Thread starter crowhop
  • 4 comments
  • 708 views
Messages
2,621
United States
Upstate SC, USA
Messages
GTP_crowhop
I've found these to be quite entertaining with the right car. It has to be a car with a stock transmission which will not redline (for drafting purposes). And be a car that isn't so fast the AI will hit the brakes. Stock aero and tires also.

The best and most challenging thus far has been the Ferrari 512BB. It gets loose in the turns and easily spins with a slight bump from the AI. Lose the draft and it is over.
 
Buy a Camaro '10. RM it. Tweak the gearbox a bit so it doesn't hit the rev limiter in the draft and then do a one make race at Daytona. The coolest race I ever had with the AI! I did 20 laps in the middle of a pack of RM Camaros. I didn't even win but it was an absolute blast!
 
We did a one make with our group this past Monday at Daytona with the 512BB. We limited the HP and increased the weight on it and, while it was only 5 or 6 of us, we were pretty much in a group the while time and they were fairly stable.

Friday we're planning on the '09 'Vette RM maxxed at Daytona. That looks like a lot of fun to me.
 
I've done single make races of the x2010 at Daytona against the AI, those are intense. 320 mph in the draft, any slight bump sends you airborne, and a glitch makes it possible to drive on the fence in the turns sometimes. Crazy.
 
I've done single make races of the x2010 at Daytona against the AI, those are intense. 320 mph in the draft, any slight bump sends you airborne, and a glitch makes it possible to drive on the fence in the turns sometimes. Crazy.
I will try this :)
 
Back