One make races

  • Thread starter Thread starter ferdia
  • 8 comments
  • 971 views

Would you prefer the one make race opponent cars run with or without your changes?

  • With

    Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Without

    Votes: 6 24.0%

  • Total voters
    25
Messages
201
Messages
Ferdbags
Messages
Ferdbags
Is it just me or in Practice mode, does the 1 make race ignore upgrades and tuning? I bought the Panoz Esperante and brought it to the track, I noticed a few problems, and went to tune them out.

While I was doing that I checked which parts were available, and realised only Turbos and Tyres where upgradable, so I thought "why not?". I then went back to practice, and decided I wasn't in the mood for hot lapping, so chose the One Make Race. I hit 60 before the rest were off their starting line!

So here is my question, would you prefer the One make race took into account your changes, hence making the race more of a challenge, or would you prefer to race stock opponents, so you could see the results of your good work?
 
Last edited:
Yea selectable
but its very fun when your racing stock against stock too
 
I intentionally left out selectable because to be honest I don't really see it happening. I'm assuming that it wasn't just me and it does ignore all changes and upgrades made?
 
I agree with both sides. While I find it redundant to race your own car type with your supper buffed up one, it is nice to see the improvement. But then again, once you stock up on HP, it doesn't matter; you should always be faster.
 
not even selectable; but I would like to choose which cars are on the lineup.. fully custom, selected from my favourites list.. I don't see why this wasn't implemented from the get-go. But yeah, I was a little sad when I did a one make race and the other cars were just stock.. instead of racing I turned around and pulled a demolition derby for an hour straight instead because I knew that my only other option was to quit and do time trials again
 
I never really did one make races, so I never noticed this. I think it would be better for them to have the same upgrades. It's only fair. It would be nice to get some money and XP from them too.
 
Why can't we have one make races in arcade mode?
 
I never really did one make races, so I never noticed this. I think it would be better for them to have the same upgrades. It's only fair. It would be nice to get some money and XP from them too.

Aye I'm on that side of the fence. It should literally be the same car. Even with the effects of running the car in and adding new oil should be duplicated.
 
Back