One of my 2 liveries in GT7...Problems with the game displaying it consistently.

United States
USA
I posted a thread in the wrong section. Here is one of my liveries. It was good for about 2 days then all of a sudden it wont get applied to the car and I cant edit it because when I select it to edit it, it load up the default blue body with no decals or even the white color. I snapped this pic of it yesterday before the shenanigans began. Any one else run into this problem?

nurb Viper.jpg

I had the same happen with my DTM BMWs, when I just open the design all decals are gone. Reloading the style and opening the livery from there worked tho.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Nuschelo1. I did the same yesterday and earlier today to get around the problem. But this afternoon its just not working. Even resetting the PS4 wont stop it. I can clearly see the livery, but when I go to apply it, it just flashes and no livery is put on the car. I even try to edit the livery and it just loads up the base car. Same thing happened to my Porsche. I' not doing another livery until this thing is fixed. Too much time and effort put into the liveries to have a bug kill them all. I hope PD is aware of this one.

I've run into a glitch where the game gets stuck trying to render the livery, forcing me to restart the game. When I go back to the livery editor, all the decals for all my car custom liveries are missing and they won't reload no matter what I try. I have to start from scratch.

I believe PD knows about it, so here's hoping it gets fixed soon.

I've run into a glitch where the game gets stuck trying to render the livery, forcing me to restart the game. When I go back to the livery editor, all the decals for all my car custom liveries are missing and they won't reload no matter what I try. I have to start from scratch.

I believe PD knows about it, so here's hoping it gets fixed soon.
I keep having problems with the livery editor freezing the game when im putting in decals. It's really frustrating that something which you'd think is so tried and tested is broken on release. :(

Thanks for the reply Nuschelo1. I did the same yesterday and earlier today to get around the problem. But this afternoon its just not working. Even resetting the PS4 wont stop it. I can clearly see the livery, but when I go to apply it, it just flashes and no livery is put on the car. I even try to edit the livery and it just loads up the base car. Same thing happened to my Porsche. I' not doing another livery until this thing is fixed. Too much time and effort put into the liveries to have a bug kill them all. I hope PD is aware of this one.
I have the same thing.. Is it a livery originally loaded from GTS? And did you maybe delete that livery in GTS?

Gingerale its a brand new made livery in GT7. Update. It just chewed my Chris Forsberg Z livery. I'm not making any more liveries. I remade the Viper one but that's it now. Not dealing with this nonsense. Both liveries that have disappeared are brand new GT7 liveries. The GT Sport ones are fine.

Also I noticed that certain cars like Viper and the 934 can't turn their front end sometimes even at very slow speeds. Something is wrong with this game. Not messing with it until its fixed. Since I cant be sure they will show up and the random no turning nonsense, no point to this game for me. Going back to GT Sport. Hope PD can get the fixes out and then Ill return.

Another update: Just tried to load up some of my other GT7 liveries and it looks like my other 370z liveries are also kaput. So that's 4 liveries in the past 3 days dead. Lots of time and energy put into them. Typical PD putting out broken beta games. Something this fundamental to the game should not be broken at release. I'm done.

Last edited:
In the past 2 days I have experienced the livery editor going "blank" in the middle of creating. Both times I had spent over an hour designing and both times I went back into my decal collection and everything was blank. When I tried to save, the rendering just kept going and going and going. Finally, after shutting the game down and returning I came back to blank cars. Both of them! Both times having invested over an hour which ultimately was a waste. It's like a certain decal causes this? I can spend hours placing different decals and then one time..........blank......everything.

Last edited:
In the past 2 days I have experienced the livery editor going "blank" in the middle of creating. Both times I had spent over an hour designing and both times I went back into my decal collection and everything was blank. When I tried to save, the rendering just kept going and going and going. Finally, after shutting the game down and returning I came back to blank cars. Both of them! Both times having invested over an hour which ultimately was a waste. It's like a certain decal causes this? I can spend hours placing different decals and then one time..........blank......everything.
Save more often. Seriously, as soon as you start a new livery save it so it has a name, and then every few minutes just hit the overwrite button.

But, FWIW, I get the same problem. I get it the most when I'm rapidly accessing the same decals over and over, and having to scroll through 18 pages of decals to do so. I'd been wondering if navigating through too many decals too quickly causes the server to think it's being spammed or something. Haven't found a cure, but after it was doing it every 10-15 decals on a livery with 300+decals.... I took to saving more often because it's better than the alternative.

My dad rebooted the router without telling yesterday while I was doing a livery. Obviously I was so invested in it that I didn't save. Luckily when I re-connected the game was able to restore it and I only lost the last ~30min of work :D

Save more often. Seriously, as soon as you start a new livery save it so it has a name, and then every few minutes just hit the overwrite button.

But, FWIW, I get the same problem. I get it the most when I'm rapidly accessing the same decals over and over, and having to scroll through 18 pages of decals to do so. I'd been wondering if navigating through too many decals too quickly causes the server to think it's being spammed or something. Haven't found a cure, but after it was doing it every 10-15 decals on a livery with 300+decals.... I took to saving more often because it's better than the alternative.
Definitely starting to do the "save often" deal. I also read on here somewhere that any decal with a # in it causes this. I don't know? I avoid those and it still happens. Interestingly, like you, I am also scrolling rapidly, through many pages, multiple times.

Thanks folks. Seems like no cure for it. I do save more often but now there is a save bug since last system update.

New problem. Bad enough that my liveries disappeared completely earlier on with no way to recover them and of course the disappearing decals when scrolling fast.

Now after the last update, I noticed that a few times I tried to save two separate cars and the endless spinning icon appeared. The game is useless at that point as you know. I let it sit because I just finished revamping an older livery. I left it spinning in hopes it would save eventually. A half day later, its still spinning. Livery lost and the model will no longer show up in the modification section visually. So it cannot be modded anymore becasue as soon as you try to load the model in the modification area, it goes into endless spinning and you have to reset the console. This has now happened to two of my liveries I put a lot of time into. This online only game just sucks. Unsure since last update if the save bug will hit me and nerf another livery.

Saving often is something I do often because of this glitch. And it has saved me a few times. However, it's when you save that this occurs. I've spent hours on a livery I can't seem to recover now. And it sucks....

So for the liveries that are affected, will we be able to recover them once we get a patch? I just spent hours on one, for it to disappear 😑

If you can't restore them from where you open your saved liveries for editing they're gone for good. No patch will recover them.

If you can't restore them from where you open your saved liveries for editing they're gone for good. No patch will recover them.
It doesn't make sense really! I can see the thumbnail when selecting it but when I open it, it's o ly got half the damn livery 😢
I don't suppose you would know how I prevent this from happening again?

Last edited:
If you got half the livery that's all GT sent to the server to recover in case something happens. You gotta restart from there.

Can't really do anything about it, if your internet crashed for whatever reason it is what it is. You can minimize the chance of those crashes but never get rid of them totally.

I'm not necessarily experiencing this issue, but my issue is when viewing shared styles some of my styles have been changed so the hood, spoiler,, and roof are white instead of the color it should be. Have y'all experienced that?

I tag most of them with DaneTX now, so they are easier to find for followers.

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily experiencing this issue, but my issue is when viewing shared styles some of my styles have been changed so the hood, spoiler,, and roof are white instead of the color it should be. Have y'all experienced that?

I tag most of them with DaneTX now, so they are easier to find for followers.
Yes it happened to me. On metallic paints. how to fix it? Apply Individually the paint to each part of the car.

Last edited:
Yes it happened to me. On metallic paints. how to fix it? Apply Individually the paint to each part of the car.
I'll have to check if they are metallic and try that.

Update: one of my styles I noticed this on was solid paint. I went in and reselected each color and it worked. I'll check the rest now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back