One (supposedly) little thing that I am let down by... (home screen menu)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jamiemb17
...it may seem trivial, but...is anyone else not a fan of the home screen menu?

It is not at all cosy. Take GT Sport's home menu for comparison:

You have dynamic shots panning over different cars, which I thought was really cool. It's a simple thing at yet it added so much atmosphere. Whereas in GT7, I'm just sat here staring at this map.

i1lcRjVHAmO6X7E.jpg

I'm sure this seems dumb to a lot of you and seems like I'm nitpicking, but I'm not. Gran Turismo has just always been one of those games where when I get bored of playing I can just sit in the menu of and vibe. The atmosphere of GT5 through Sport is what made me fall in love with the franchise. GT7 has all the music I wanted, but honestly, I feel like PD have made an oversight with this practical and pretty yet somewhat dull and lifeless homescreen. Maybe I'm overreacting and will get used to it, but at the same time I just don't feel "at home" right now like I wanted to be made to feel on this game.

And actually, I said that GT7 has all the music I wanted, but watching that video I linked makes me nostalgic for GT Sport's soundtrack.

Edit: turns out I had disabled the auto demo playback (second option in the Options menu), and turning it back on pretty much addresses my gripes.

Last edited:
I think it's just because it is new at the moment.
As soon as you played it alot, you'll vibe with the menu screen and "feel" it :)

It's has screensavers if you let it sit in the menu for a couple minutes. It will show bits from the museum or animated scapes.
It does??? I'm sure I've exceeded more than a couple of minutes and not seen anything. I really hope you're right.

I understand why you dislike it if your first GT was GT5. Pre-GT5 had maps, which was awesome. But I’ll admit I was sad when they ditched the dark GT4-style home screen we saw in the first(?) trailer.
— I predicted this style would return, and it almost did!

Last edited:
You can change the time interval for how long this takes. Think it’s default is 300 seconds
Oh ****, thanks for your comment, you've just made me realise that I turned that feature off 😅😅😅
I understand why you dislike it if your first GT was GT5. Pre-GT5 had maps, which was awesome. But I’ll admit I was sad when they ditched the dark GT4-style home screen we saw in the first(?) trailer.
— I predicted this style would return, and it almost did!
I was just looking at that earlier actually thinking the same thing, that the dark menu you mention looked pretty cool.

But I’ll admit I was sad when they ditched the dark GT4-style home screen we saw in the first trailer.
I second this. Ohh man, i really wished they could leave that out, and it would've been a nice addition that they added a day option, something like modern apps where you have either obscure theme, or clear theme.

Back