One thing I noticed and that will improve my gaming experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ben78
  • 3 comments
  • 1,083 views
Messages
443
Canada
(Outaouais) Québec.
Messages
XxBen78xX
One of the few options that seems to stay unchanged on cars you drive (not talking about tuning), is the traction control (not sure about other options, like ASM) but I'll check if ABS stays on and off on certain (if not all) cars when toggled (on/off). If so, I'll remove ABS from cars that don't have any and on cars that were made before ABS was available in cars.

I've searched online for info about ABS but certain people said that the wikipedia article is wrong. Apparently, ABS became available on Chrysler cars in 1971 or something, so that would mean that most cars before 71 (like the Trans Cammer) should not have any ABS.

If I could (and had the car IQ that some of you have), I would make a list of cars that shouldn't have ABS, but my list would take forever probably !

I know that TVR cars don't have any aids at all and I suppose that most muscle cars (old ones) don't have them either.
 
It would improve your gaming experience to remove an option from the game? Why not just disable ABS on cars you don't want it on? You know people can add parts like that, just like they can add carbon hoods and turbos.

ABS is essential on older high powered cars and DS3 controllers. It's just too difficult to feather the brakes on a controller.

Like many other things, GT5 is not absolute in its realism. You have to make compromises to keep the game interesting.
 
Last edited:
It's not that bad (no ABS with a controller), but I don't really race that much, I usually cruise in free runs, so that makes it more "realistic".
 
It's not that bad (no ABS with a controller), but I don't really race that much, I usually cruise in free runs, so that makes it more "realistic".

It is a huge difference if you are pushing a car's turning capabilities.

I just think this is not a problem without a sufficient solution for you, since ABS is optional.
 
Back