One thing people gotta understand..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 13 comments
  • 1,228 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
Expecting updates with new tracks and premiums is ridiculous.

I'm disappointed too. Mainly expecting some adjustments, and tweaks to things such as making the camera less stiff, and more game modes for online.

Don't expect new content.
 
How is that ridiculous? Can you please elaborate?
 
How is that ridiculous? Can you please elaborate?

Maybe not ridiculous, but he is right. The game is finished or at least the content of it... so I also believe, that we do get updates, but all built of the content already there... new events and so and they bugfix things. We could get some standards updated to premiums and all that kind of things... at the end of June we hopefully get the leaderboard, as they shout down the one for GT5 Prologue!

I hope, that I'm wrong, I really do! But that's how it seams realistic and how updates work with finished games...
 
People are feeling underwhelmed because Kaz pretty much troll everyone by saying a GT5 update was coming but delayed by the PSN hack/Japan Bank stuff and all we get are addons that will make grinding more tolerable in a different suit.
 
some people seem to think updates mean download content ..

do people really think a patch update will include new cars and tracks ? wow
 
Considering how unfinished the game really is, the updates that we've gotten since release aren't really bother to me. Think about it, Kaz said 2 more years before he felt it should have been released. If you look at the updates that have come along, they are more bug fixes and small nuances that would have been included in the final build of the game. I would bet that we won't see any real DLC for at least another 6 months down the road or even longer.
 
What's so unfinished about it? It's the best damn racing game I have played, The only major improvement I would ask for is the sounds, otherwise I am completely satisfied
Considering how unfinished the game really is, the updates that we've gotten since release aren't really bother to me. Think about it, Kaz said 2 more years before he felt it should have been released. If you look at the updates that have come along, they are more bug fixes and small nuances that would have been included in the final build of the game. I would bet that we won't see any real DLC for at least another 6 months down the road or even longer.
 
What's so unfinished about it? It's the best damn racing game I have played, The only major improvement I would ask for is the sounds, otherwise I am completely satisfied

Some of the features advertised and promised are still not in after 6 months.
 
Expecting updates with new tracks and premiums is ridiculous.

Yeah, I always thought that from the moment I saw people mentioning it. But then again, my "update wishlist" stuff was clearly just as ridiculous as none of them happened either. :/
 
It's not uncommon for games to receive free DLC. GT5 is missing some crucial items too, like the BMW e30 (variants too) and many tracks from GT4. At least that's what I can think of off the top of my head.
 
I don't see why it should be ridiculous, if anything it is now the norm.

This update had more or less nothing other than correcting minor errors which should never have appeared in the game.

If PD want to compete with other driving games out there (and if they have any chance of getting my money in the future), they need to offer a standard of game and post realise customer service at least equal to their competitors.

TBH there is nothing in the update that will keep me playing GT5 in the medium to long term. After the first few weeks I was on 90odd per cent complete and I simply can't be bothered wasting 24 hours on the endurance events; having seen the rewards on offer they are simply not worth the effort.

If they don't offer us a community style expansion pack within the next 6 months I won't be giving them any more cash.
 
If they don't offer us a community style expansion pack within the next 6 months I won't be giving them any more cash.

If they don't listen to the community, they'll listen to our wallets not opening when GT6 comes around.
 
It's not ridiculous to want what PD has promised will come sooner or later, though probably a bit impatient to want them now.

And we don't need yet another meta-whining versus whining thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back