One Year Later....

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 8 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
Ok, it's been just almost a year ( just under 11 months) that I've been playing on GT7 and as I had done for years in the past cause I've gotten used to the control layout over the years and older GT versions I stuck with the controls of gas/ brake and steering being controlled by the sticks on the DS4. I have a dexterity issue also and it was difficult if not impossible to use manual shifting for me and so I just did my best.
I was prodded and pushed by a fellow racer to try using the L2/R2 triggers for throttle/ brakes and I tried it, I was not happy with my results and went back to my comfort zone of "stick" but I tried it again and again determined to give this a fair tryout. To my surprise I did get used to this and finding myself improving in my races, so I thought of trying to improve my license test times and its either my change of the controller inputs or my built up experience of racing that is the reason I have improved my times to Golds from my initial attempts.
The question I pose is, Have you gone back to the license tests to improve your times since your initial times?

Last edited:
Ok, it's been just over a year that I've been playing on GT7
How?

Screenshot_20230204_223842_Firefox.jpg

I’ve gone back and worked until I got gold on all the licenses and have been working at getting gold at all circuits experiences slowly.

I actually gave this some thought the other day and settled my opinion on: Over time I will because the more I play online, the more important it is to qualify well. And that takes practice in learning the track’s which the circuit experience is perfect for practicing at as I’m already finding. So kinda already getting there naturally with those to refresh, albeit very slowly and with no dedication to actually beat my previous times.

I can tell you that you probably have improved, but the physics have changed a lot as well. I was only partially through the Circuit Experiences when the first big physics change happened and when I went to Le Sarthe I was suddenly faster than a few aliens. I'm not even remotely fast enough for that to have made sense so one qent back and dropped a solid 5 seconds there to go well ahead of me again.

But keep it up, I guarantee you have been improving

I'm 47 pictures from Platinum....

Despite its flaws and lack of races I do have a lot of fun. Sport Mode is great and I've still got some content like CEs and Missions to finish

Last edited:
The question I pose is, Have you gone back to the license tests to improve your times since your initial times?
When I tackled the licenses for the very first time I invested the necessary time to gold all of them outright (S-10 took me about four hours). Therefore I was done with the licenses a day after GT7 came out and never felt the need to go back to them. Since the physics were altered back in April and the cars aren't as snappy anymore I could probably improve a lot of my times, though I don't really feel like doing that.

Right now I'm doing my daily workouts by going through World Circuits once again and re-completing all the events with the lowest-PP stock condition car I can find, always starting with the slowest (yes, even if that means entering the European Clubman Cup 600 with a 16 BHP Fiat 500), while also treating all the engine-swapped vehicles as seperate "stock condition" cars. Regarding tyres, I'm limited to the stickiest compound used among the opponents. This gets me to use and experience a lot of the cars I would otherwise never drive on a variety of different tracks.
It's always kind of a journey, as you slowly become more and more competitive. At the very bottom of the PP-ladder you're getting lapped, then you start battling the cars at the lower end of the grid for like 10th and soon you're consistently getting past the mid-pack, while the frontrunners start to enter your view more and more. Then at long last you manage to catch up with the leader and start having intense final lap battles, until you finally leave him behind and win. I raced about 50 different cars on Alsace for the European Clubman Cup 600 until I won using the 2017 Alpine A110, after narrowly losing multiple times in the 1992 Porsche 964. Using the low-end cars like this helps appreciate them for what they are. Some of them are nowhere near as easy to drive as one might expect. Just try the classic version of the A110 and you'll know what I mean. Heck, even the classic Fiat 500 sitting at rock-bottom is one hell of a handful.

Last edited:
Back