Online A-Spec Challenge No. 6 Question

• Thread starter Rudy_Eila
  • 10 comments
Israel
Israel
Rudy_258
Hi guys,

First post on here. Anyway, I just have this quick question, which may be a little unusual.

I've already beaten this challenge multiple times using a fully tuned Nissan GTR 07 and generally, I'd overtake first by the 3rd lap or so, but I've been trying to do the same race recently, and I am completely struggling to overtake first... I'm still driving pretty much the same, and I made sure to change the oil, overhaul engine and body but I'm still finishing second with like 10 seconds behind the 1st guy, while I used to win the race by 7 seconds or so... I mean I've already beaten the race more than 10 times! This is really bugging me! I've tried using a detuned road Mclaren F1 with no luck... Corvette Zr1, same thing... Mclaren SLR, same thing!

The strange thing is that halfway through the second (or third?) lap, if I remember correctly, I used to be 3rd and only like 7 - 8 seconds behind 1st, but now I'm usually around 6th and about 12 - 13 seconds behind, no matter how good I'm driving.

I'd also appreciate it if someone can provide me with a nice tune for the GTR 07 on the Suzuka Curcuit.

Thanks,
Rudy

I have just tried all 3 races and won them all very easy, so maybe you should try different cars :).

Greetings Rudy_Eila
Welcome to GTPlanet!:gtplanet::cheers:

Its not clear from your post which race you are struggling with. Can you be more specific as to which race you are running?

Is it perhaps the 650PP race at Suzuka? If it is, its my recollection of the race, that you need to run a race car to win the race. Do you have any race cars? Which ones?

If you want an interesting race, buy the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car from the Gran Turismo Dealership (about $3.6M), and use it for the Suzuka race. Its plenty fast enough to win the race.

Good luck!
GTsail

Hi GTsail290,

Thanks for the welcome mate! I am indeed referring to the 650 PP race. I have also bought the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and easily beat the race, however, the reason for that wasn't because I was doing better than I was in the GT-R, but simply because I had slower opponents for some reason.

For some reason, when I have the Ford, I'm put up against some relatively slow cars, and I can easily take first by the second lap. When I have the GT-R however, I'm always up again the Zonda LM and the McLaren F1 GTR, which is totally out of my league. No matter how good I drive, I can't seem to catch up to the McLaren.

Anyway, I was really interested in this race only for the money making opportunities it offers, but now I have found out about the German DTM seasonal event, which has the 590PP Nürburgring GP event, and that's actually a much better place to make money. I use a 547PP BMW M3 GTR Race Car (Minimum Aero dynamic and I take my Turbo charger off) to easily win that race and make 1.2M Credits every 10 minutes.

Best Regards,
Rudy

Hi GTsail290,

Thanks for the welcome mate! I am indeed referring to the 650 PP race. I have also bought the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and easily beat the race, however, the reason for that wasn't because I was doing better than I was in the GT-R, but simply because I had slower opponents for some reason.

For some reason, when I have the Ford, I'm put up against some relatively slow cars, and I can easily take first by the second lap. When I have the GT-R however, I'm always up again the Zonda LM and the McLaren F1 GTR, which is totally out of my league. No matter how good I drive, I can't seem to catch up to the McLaren.

Anyway, I was really interested in this race only for the money making opportunities it offers, but now I have found out about the German DTM seasonal event, which has the 590PP Nürburgring GP event, and that's actually a much better place to make money. I use a 547PP BMW M3 GTR Race Car (Minimum Aero dynamic and I take my Turbo charger off) to easily win that race and make 1.2M Credits every 10 minutes.

Best Regards,
Rudy
If you have a Miura, you can win the Classic Seasonal, I forget the actual name, with 485 and win 1.7 million in about 8 minutes. You're racing against two or three other Miuras and some Lambos, Corvettes and Jensens, maybe an older Ferrari too. That's with the 200%, of course. It's dicey but fun. This is at Laguna Seca, by the way.

Edit: I should also say that the dynamics of many Seasonal events changed after one of the updates. They readjusted the PP settings at one point, late spring or early summer 2013 I think, and some of the seasonals became almost impossible to beat. The Miata challenge in London is one of the ones that is VERY hard now.

Last edited:
if your wanting a money maker. hit the dream car challenge in cape ring. I have a 600 pp Ford GT LM spec II tune in my garage. bump it up to 620 and you will pull 2.5 mil in 8 minutes once your used to the car you can reduce it to 610 pp and increase that haul to 3 mil for the same time

if your wanting a money maker. hit the dream car challenge in cape ring. I have a 600 pp Ford GT LM spec II tune in my garage. bump it up to 620 and you will pull 2.5 mil in 8 minutes once your used to the car you can reduce it to 610 pp and increase that haul to 3 mil for the same time
cool will try this out , i finally won the 650pp race in challenge no 1 using ford GT LM spec II its impossible to catch to the rabbits had to keep restarting till i got the fairlady as lead car.

Just started playing gt5 , having reached the professional series have a serious lack of cash to buy cars and no friends on psn either

Thanks for the tip. I'm really not sure though how you could beat this race with a 620 PP car! I tried using my fully tuned Forg GT LM Spec II Test Car, which is like 689 PP and I just lost to first by 2 seconds, after driving an almost perfect race. It ended up horribly when I tried lowering it to 620 PP.

I think the Nurburgring GP race is the best one for me. I lowered my BMW M3 GTR Race Car to 520 PP and still overtaken first by the 4th lap. I think I'm going to try to lower it to below 500 next. I should be making around 2M per racce then. Or I can even use my Mercedes Benz 190E Touring car, which is a a not bad car and I think it's PP are in the 400s.

I think you can easily win the Nurburgring GP all the time, but you kinda have to cheat. There is that really slow left and then right turn, which you can cut by going on the grass. While all the cars have to slow down to 50 KM/H and turn left and right, I drive over the grass at 200+ KP/H and then simply idle the throttle right before I reach the pavement to keep control. That always gives me a 6 seconds lead everytime I do it. So in 5 laps, that's 30 seconds cut off for you right there!

I don't have a steering wheel, so I play with the DS3, and that makes things much more difficult by the way.

cool will try this out , i finally won the 650pp race in challenge no 1 using ford GT LM spec II its impossible to catch to the rabbits had to keep restarting till i got the fairlady as lead car.

Just started playing gt5 , having reached the professional series have a serious lack of cash to buy cars and no friends on psn either
Send me a fr and i will put any car on loan you want to try. We have to have some fun while we wait for Santa to bring GT6.

Thanks for the tip. I'm really not sure though how you could beat this race with a 620 PP car! I tried using my fully tuned Forg GT LM Spec II Test Car, which is like 689 PP and I just lost to first by 2 seconds, after driving an almost perfect race. It ended up horribly when I tried lowering it to 620 PP.

Otaliema is correct, the Dream Car Championship is an excellant Seasonal if you are after credits.👍

Check out my post # 145 in the Dream Car Championship thread. I was able to win the Nurburgring race with a Toyota GT-ONE with the PP value lowered down to 620.

You can win the Cape Ring race (in the Dream Car Championship) with an even lower PP value since the AI are even slower there.

Good luck!
GTsail

If you have a 2J you can drop the pp to paltry 580 and win over 5 mil credits per race all be it you have to be perfect 590 will fetch you around 4.8 mill per race and is much easier to win with.

Back