online better than you thought?

• Thread starter KatRyder
  • 8 comments
KatRyder
I am at level 27 A spec and just started racing online this week.
The racing is much cleaner than I would have thought, it may be that I usually run lower HP cars GT 300's and 300 to 400 HP street cars.

Online is a blast, if you haven't tried it you should you may be surprised.

Mark

For me also it was a nice surprise.
I seek rooms with sensible limits ( 500bhp or less, skid recovery off and no or low boost ) and usually I get a very nice experience with mostly clean drivers - even in the heat of the race ...

yesterday I had the most fierce competition for second place in Monza with this AL-something french guy in a racing garaya against my DTM Astra ... tense fighting and overtaking, but really clean and enjoyable 👍

I'll tell you more : a few days ago I was really upset and angry ( non-gt life related problems :scared: ), so I got to my GT5 to have a few terapeutic races to calm down. As you may imagine, my driving during that session was not as clean as it should have, and as a result I got kicked from a few rooms ...
on the first kick I was anger was even worse, but after the second and third kick from other rooms I just realized I was driving dirty and I deserved to be trown away :dunce:

in a nutshell : with a little caution, online is definitly a blast !

Worst I've experienced is nascars around Daytona. I've played a few online races like this. But everyonce in a while someone decides that they will slam the back corner of your car and send you into the wall or onto the grass. Normally this is ok if it's a long race with boost. But I've been caught on short races (less than 10 laps) with no boost.

But I've found the sub 400bhp races have been quite competative and much more plesant experiences.

gz
For me also it was a nice surprise.
I seek rooms with sensible limits ( 500bhp or less, skid recovery off and no or low boost ) and usually I get a very nice experience with mostly clean drivers - even in the heat of the race ...

yesterday I had the most fierce competition for second place in Monza with this AL-something french guy in a racing garaya against my DTM Astra ... tense fighting and overtaking, but really clean and enjoyable 👍

I'll tell you more : a few days ago I was really upset and angry ( non-gt life related problems :scared: ), so I got to my GT5 to have a few terapeutic races to calm down. As you may imagine, my driving during that session was not as clean as it should have, and as a result I got kicked from a few rooms ...
on the first kick I was anger was even worse, but after the second and third kick from other rooms I just realized I was driving dirty and I deserved to be trown away :dunce:

in a nutshell : with a little caution, online is definitly a blast !

As long as you weren't ramming people off the track I don't see what the problem is. It's difficult to have a race without any contact at all and imo it makes a more interesting race. Some people do take games far too seriously I have been in rooms with these people myself.

I usually only join a lounge with a limit, and people who use correct punctuation in the title, this is how I usually find the better racing.

Sure, I always like to race everyone with the same cars, this way you can race even if you don't have the car needed.But others seems to dislike this idea.

Sure, I always like to race everyone with the same cars, this way you can race even if you don't have the car needed.But others seems to dislike this idea.

I do enjoy this but I dislike this, I like it because it is close racing but I dislike it because I can't always get the car to handle just as I would like (especially when I own the same car) & I'm fed up of altering the brake bias all the time lol!

Otherwise online racing is alright, when you get into a good room that gives you the chance to use a wide variety of cars and there are clean racers in there it is good fun, but if you are stuck to the same cars with people who ram you to stop you overtaking them then it is no fun.

There are faults with it though, for example, your on the grid, the false start check is on, the guy infront of you is cautious off the line whilst you nail the start and bang, you hit him because he waited before pulling off so you get a collision penalty.

Also, you are fighting with another guy, he isn't the cleanest racer, you come up the inside, get side by side, then he decides to close the gap, pushes you off making you cut the corner, so you get a shortcut penalty.

These have been discussed before though ...

I do enjoy this but I dislike this, I like it because it is close racing but I dislike it because I can't always get the car to handle just as I would like (especially when I own the same car) & I'm fed up of altering the brake bias all the time lol!

Otherwise online racing is alright, when you get into a good room that gives you the chance to use a wide variety of cars and there are clean racers in there it is good fun, but if you are stuck to the same cars with people who ram you to stop you overtaking them then it is no fun.

Yes, but most of the time people that accept racing with the same cars like a challenge like most of us.

Back