Online car selection: how do I find a car faster?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DGXR
  • 5 comments
  • 780 views
Messages
1,078
United States
United States
Messages
DGXR
Messages
DGXR1
Let's say a host sets the PP at 600 in an online lobby. My garage will default to sorting by PP but the top of my standard cars list has 150 cars between 895-600 PP and it takes some time to scroll through them to the PP range I'm looking for. If I invert the order (descending to ascending), there's still over 150 cars between my lowest pp car and the 600PP range I'm looking for. Either way, it takes a long time to scroll from the top (or bottom) to the middle of the list and find a competitive car that meets the regs.

Isn't there a faster way to find a car in a given PP range? I've toyed with the filters and other stuff and haven't found a quicker way. It's cumbersome.
 
Right now my favorites are filled (98) with my favorite racing cars, but I can change that if it serves a purpose. So are you suggesting that I add a few cars in ~25 PP range increments, and then tune/detune in order to match the specific PP requirement of the current event?
 
Well that is the way i do it

All of my PP cars 400, 450, 500, 550, 575, 600, 650, 700 i have them all in my favorites

I tend to be monogamous though for PP racing, if you are the type of person to never use the same 600pp car twice than this wont work for you.

But having your PP racing cars in your favorites is the absolute fastest way
 
Well that is the way i do it

All of my PP cars 400, 450, 500, 550, 575, 600, 650, 700 i have them all in my favorites

I tend to be monogamous though for PP racing, if you are the type of person to never use the same 600pp car twice than this wont work for you.

But having your PP racing cars in your favorites is the absolute fastest way

That is a great idea! But it probably won't work for me since I prefer driving different cars, even when the PP level stays the same for several races. It's not that I get bored with my favorite cars, but I like to mix it up and enjoy the variety of different cars that this game offers. Plus it gives me the chance to put a finer tune on more of my cars. I wouldn't mind using one car for a fair PP spread, but if I detune the engine too much then the torque curve drops off like a cliff and messes up the feel of the car, and wrecks the engine's original flavor or mojo :) Ah well, I will eventually figure something out.
 
Back