Online contact @Suzuka, please comment!

• Thread starter aelxino
  • 2 comments
GTClub_Alexino

Suzuka.gif

contact @ 130R that have the direction on the left, red car don't overtake completely the yellow car so with the contact yellow car go on the grass

you can see video @ 1080p

00:20 the cars arrives on brake (see the stops on yellow's car) EVIDENT CONTACT ---> yellow car had a straight line and with the concat it take the grass

00:55 see the rear tyres with the anterior tyres completely out of axes

01:16 RED CAR is completely on the yellow's car's line

NOW, who have reason? :ill:

Last edited:
Both pretty minor, especially for online.

The first instance I would say that the Red car was in its right to draft up behind Yellow and take the inside line coming up to 130R, Red probably did move back over a little early but nothing punishable. If anything the Yellow car should have let Red pass as he clearly had the speed and line advantage going into the corner. Look at learning to drive a defensive line (no offense intended).

The second instance going into the chicane is a little more hard to tell without watching a full replay without the pauses. My gut instinct tells me that Red left it a little late to dive bomb Yellow into the chicane, although this is a great place to do it you do need to leave plenty of braking in reserve to try and minimise the contact. Yellow also left the gate wide open again here and tried to shut it too late, if a opposition car is taking a different line (ie inside) there is nothing wrong with that, both drivers need to drive accordingly.
After the first part of the chicane and than the are now both going left I would say that Red has right of way, as Yellow is clearly no where near his B pillar and therefor Red has the line.

Contact is always hard to judge in a good tight race. Here in Australia, contact is a huge part of racing in the V8 Supercars and there are many contentious decisions by the stewards.

As a general rule if the car is any further than the B pillar back it must give way.

Last edited:
Back