Online Damage out of sync

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fat-X
  • 3 comments
  • 695 views
Messages
17
Messages
llXxSPSxXll
Recently, I was messing around with a friend online using 2 rally cars and at some point I saw his door come off but he said he couldn't see it and it still seemed to be attached.
Eventually it came off on his end but by that time the 2nd door of his car had already fallen off on my end.
I just thought this was strange, my apologies if it has been noticed or discussed.
 
Visual damage is not that important (to be in-sync), that way PD saves traffic.
 
Reminds me of counter-strike source. My rag doll physics would have my corpse end up in some very amusing crumpled heap, perhaps in a sexually suggestive position with another corpse. But nobody else would see it.

These calculations are left up to the individuals machine, I guess 2 of the same consoles can come up with different answers to damage.
 
Also, i find that cones are the same unless you see someone hit a cone an it goes flying cones will be in different places for different players
 
Back