Online -> Daytona physics changed

  • Thread starter Thread starter praystashun
  • 11 comments
  • 906 views
Messages
36
Messages
praystashun
Physics have drastically changed. Or is it just me.

A lot of the physics have changed since about a week or two ago.

Online -> "Beginners Super Car Class: Daytona Speedway"

No more shortcut - you get a penalty. That's a new thing. Suits me fine - when everyone else drives nice, I will too. I follow the lead of the nasties and give likewise.

Yet I still see cars flying by on my left, on the lawn, and overtake me at warp speed, How is this possible? Illegally tuned cars?

All of a sudden it's a whole lot easier to spin out for no apparent reason. Even the slightest wobble in a curve and the car goes into a 5 rotation spin. Holy smokes.

The "predictably" of other cars ghosting out is different now. Now they're solid when you least expect them to be. Or there are clear ghost cars on the track for some reason.
 
Something must have changed,today while running the 800pp TT at Daytona time & again my Vette would spin out as soon as Start would appear.
 
Interesting. I used to be able to nail three 1st places in a row no sweat. Now I'm lucky to get 3rd place. Every one else all-of-a-sudden know inside cheats? I don't get it. My ability can't have crapped out so drastically. I'm beginning not to like this game anymore.

If Sony is going to alter the physics, rules, points, and collision judgment at their server ends (without me downloading any new versions), they should make an announcement to that effect.
 
Last edited:
Dont give up "those people" will come & go. Do you ever run any higher level races? there are really good clean racers out there. Hopefully its just a gremlin in the network.
 
I wish I could run clean races. I really enjoy a heated head-to-head-to-head when everyone is just inches different.

Now I even get collision-with-barrier penalties I never used to before. Then I spin out terribly while trying to correct. It's awful and I'm getting mighty pissed off.
 
Hang in there bud, it will get better.:)
 
Beginner class events often have bad drivers using more dirty tactics in comparison to the Pro events, and they're far from perfect.
 
Damn. Thanks for the encouragement, guy! I need a hug.

When I get the proverbial collision barrier penalty - while barely tapping the wall, the car seems to go into some sort of mush-tired back end wobble... it almost always spins out after that. That's during the time when the punishment slows down the car... but it's sort of like getting 4 flat tires too. It's maddening.

It's alright to be given a fair penalty for an infraction. It's NOT alright to get tossed into the opposite wall after a major spin-out due to the strange loss of traction. Sony you blew it.
 
What car do you use, some mid engine cars will spin out like that on penaltys because you're forced off the gas.
 
Ford GT. Should I downsize my car to some crapbox and come in 11th each time instead of 7th?

I didn't get to $2,000,000 credits with these crappy parameters.

Anyone want to buy a Logitech Driving Force steering controller? Only about a month old.
 
Ford GT. Should I downsize my car to some crapbox and come in 11th each time instead of 7th?

I didn't get to $2,000,000 credits with these crappy parameters.

Anyone want to buy a Logitech Driving Force steering controller? Only about a month old.

I'll take it for 5$ :dopey:
 
There is already a thread dedicated to the updated physics. Bottom line is many people like it and some people don't (I'm one of the ones who doesn't like it). I'm not surprised you're having trouble winning in the Ford GT road car. I haven't managed a win in that car since the update because it went from being a wonderfully-balanced (but very demanding) machine to an understeering pig. The discussion on the topic is pretty much over-with, but if you want to review it here is the thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109415
 
Back