Online drifting cars with Tuning?

• Thread starter Macapaca
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
Grimsby
ReverT_Flux
ReverT_Flux
Hey guys, sorry about the new thread.

My Fairlady will just not work online like it does on practice mode, I think this is because of the different driving physics on drift practice and online.

So has anyone got a car + tuning what handles similar to the Fairlady Z 08?
It'd help a bunch :)
2ymh8k7.jpg

I beleave The online physics are supposed to be the same as offline physics now. This is what I have been told anyway. I wouldn't know for sure as I don't drift offline.

The difference between online physics and offline are so minimal now that it's a joke.

The only thing making your car 'handle differently' online is your mindset 👍

The difference between online physics and offline are so minimal now that it's a joke.

thank-you! I guess it could be due to the amazing drifters making me put pressure on my self and causing me to spin out for trying to be as good as them, thanks man! :cheers:

When I first started drifting with people I cracked under pressure and constantly made mistakes.

After a point you stop worrying and you just drift, then everything comes together and you have a good time 👍

Keep at it and try not to let the pressure get to you.

When I first started drifting with people I cracked under pressure and constantly made mistakes.

After a point you stop worrying and you just drift, then everything comes together and you have a good time 👍

Keep at it and try not to let the pressure get to you.

Really appreciate this man! thanks again! we should play sometime :)

Since the last updates it "seems" they are similar, but yesterday i experienced there are still some differences.

I always use to tune my cars offline in the practice mode till they are running perfect for my kind of drifting style. So with my Supra RZ '97. But.........
yesterday i was in a open lobby on Autumn Ring reverse and the car didn't respond like it did offline. It sometimes refused to oversteer completely and i drove straight off the track.

Same on Suzuka East section.........i normally step a little on the gas and it easily swings out to initiate the drift (easy with nearly 650 Nm), but nothing. It felt like it weighs a ton more in the rear.

Then i went offline on the same track and ..... voila.... it drifted as usual, smooth and easy.

This was my experience, maybe the cause was lag, i don't know.

Really appreciate this man! thanks again! we should play sometime :)

Unfortunately I'm out of commission due to my wheels brake pedal malfunctioning. But once I'm up and running again definitely 👍

Since the last updates it "seems" they are similar, but yesterday i experienced there are still some differences.

I always use to tune my cars offline in the practice mode till they are running perfect for my kind of drifting style. So with my Supra RZ '97. But.........
yesterday i was in a open lobby on Autumn Ring reverse and the car didn't respond like it did offline. It sometimes refused to oversteer completely and i drove straight off the track.

Same on Suzuka East section.........i normally step a little on the gas and it easily swings out to initiate the drift (easy with nearly 650 Nm), but nothing. It felt like it weighs a ton more in the rear.

Then i went offline on the same track and ..... voila.... it drifted as usual, smooth and easy.

There was extensive testing on the new physics and the general consensus was that the differences were marginal at best.

Not nearly enough to make a car become undrivable :lol: so if you're experiencing this I really don't know what to tell you because I know how my car feels and I know what the results were from peoples experiments and testing.

I remember a long time ago I took a pretty long break from GT and I swore black and blue the physics had changed because my car was undrivable all of a sudden, I had read in patch notes that the physics had changed and I instantly blamed that.

It later turned out that the physics change was marginal at best so the difference was all in my head.

Whether that's the case with you, I dunno. I'm no psychologist.
I'm a mechanic not a doctor. .... not an actor, not a milkman!

*slaps self for remembering that song*

Use a Z33 if you want to switch cars, but in my experience, if you want to just tune by feel but a tune is not working so well, go back to stock settings and start tuning again little by little. Trial and error doesn't take much effort, just a lot of time.

I will note that in online rooms with very poor race quality, the way the tires lose traction can be different, but it's been vastly improved than before and is easy to compensate for.

Whether that's the case with you, I dunno. I'm no psychologist.
I'm a driver and a mechanic :lol:

:lol: 👍

Thanks for the quick response and i will test it later. Maybe it was a "mind problem"?! I'm drifting online not very often and i'm always a bit nervous and uneasy especially with "heavy traffic" on the track. :crazy:

Also could have been real track grip... Has a habit of making cars unresponsive after a trip to the grass... Even just a nip of grass.

The Nissan 300zx is pretty close to the 370z.

That steering lock is amazing. The Z32 has a lot of steering lock as well.

Does drift mode online feel like drifting in time trials online?

Considering starting to play online when gt6 is released, and would like to start adjusting now if the question I asked is not the case.

Back