Online FIXED garage needs more cars !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merquise
  • 2 comments
  • 485 views
Messages
241
Ehhrr.. ok that title doesn't explain it very well..

Today I made an online room, 1 lap Nordschleife.
I discovered that choosing certain cars from the fixed garage made some really funny races.

For instance: Ferrari F40 and Nismo 370.
The Ferrari had far more HP, but it's an old car and it lacks in handling.
The Nismo handles perfectly, but lacks the HP.

I watched the replay and saw small groups forming, 2 Ferrari's chasing a Nismo, a Nismo chasing an F40. The Ferrari's couldn't pass the Nismo untill there was a long straight (Schwedenkreuz, Kesselchen or Antoniusbuche), and the Nismo's were trying to squeeze in the corners when the F40's were running wide.

One of the best races I've seen from people with varying skills, people who I've never seen before. The chocie of cars just made for this perfect race.



After that race I tried combining some other cars in the fixed garage as well, but not with such a success.
Audi TT (the orange one) vs Mercedes SLR vs '60's Corvette. Mercedes was too powerfull..

So I've been thinking: why not make the fixed online garage have more cars?
Then people could select 'only DTM cars', or 'only LeMans cars'. Pescarolo vs AudiR8/R10 vs Peugeot 908 vs BMW V12 etc etc.
How about selecting BMW's vs Mercedes? The M3 or the heavier M5 vs C63AMG?

Right now the only thing I can do as creator of a room, is ask people not to use car X or Y, just to use Brand Z. But thats difficult to supervise. Limiting power or weight does not do the trick.
Same with performance points, people still go for that one 'best' car and the field ends up using all the same cars.
If the online fixed garage would have many more cars (no need for aaalllll the cars), the room owner could make brand vs brand rooms. Dodge vs Ford vs Chevrolet, with cars of ~equal performance.
Or, as I did, cars with totally different characteristics (bad handling but hight top speed vs low top speed and good handling).




Anyone understand what I'm trying to say here?
What you think?
edit: maybe even add a button that makes an auto-selection of DTM cars or LeMans cars or something?
 
Last edited:
👍

I really like the Forza method of having all the cars available for online races and arcade races. You can't modify them as you don't own them, and you can't use them in career races, but otherwise you're free to test drive or race online.

Filters like DTM, SuperGT, road legal, etc would be nice as well.
 
Yes a one make race ability. Or a set online garage would be genius.

I mean I would LOVE having an entire DTM race by era, or a Group B Rally Tarmac challenge.

How about allow other players to race your cars? Just give them the ability to drive a stock version of the cars you have/same version you have. Kinda like sharing but it's a one make.

Or have the race allow cars of your choice or duplicates of your own cars. (i.e You can use the Delta S4 and let others "borrow" the 205 T16 EVO and Maxi Rally Car).
 
Back