ONLINE - "friends rooms"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Haitauer
  • 10 comments
  • 801 views
Messages
2,166
Finland
Finland
Messages
HI-tauer
Now this must have come up earlier on these forums, or im missing something in the game. Is it really so, that choosing the option "friends rooms" or what ever it is, in the online lobby, shows only the rooms owned by ones psn friends? Used to be in GT5 that you could see through player info if someone is in a room and join no matter if the friend was the owner or not. This just cripples the online play with friends or then none of my friens play online - never.
 
Now this must have come up earlier on these forums, or im missing something in the game. Is it really so, that choosing the option "friends rooms" or what ever it is, in the online lobby, shows only the rooms owned by ones psn friends? Used to be in GT5 that you could see through player info if someone is in a room and join no matter if the friend was the owner or not. This just cripples the online play with friends or then none of my friens play online - never.

No. Friends Only tick box shows rooms that have your PSN friends in whether they are the host or not.
 
warning.....if you host a "friends only" room, and you leave or get disconnected, you can not re-enter the room.
 
Also sometimes the friends only search is buggy and doesnt show any results even if you KNOW friends are in a room and can see that room on a standard search. This only happens sometimes though and hitting refresh doesnt cure it. I can't pinpoint the problem or a solution though :/
 
Also sometimes the friends only search is buggy and doesnt show any results even if you KNOW friends are in a room and can see that room on a standard search. This only happens sometimes though and hitting refresh doesnt cure it. I can't pinpoint the problem or a solution though :/
this happens to me, I think when the room was set to private, if I leave for whatever reason, that room will no longer show up in the search.
 
Sometimes, when I log into "Friends Only", I see rooms hosted by people that aren't on my friends list.....I have no idea who they are.
I only play online with friends but if I click on "People met online" I see about 40 listed...what's this all about...it won't let me delete them.
 
Sometimes, when I log into "Friends Only", I see rooms hosted by people that aren't on my friends list.....I have no idea who they are.
I only play online with friends but if I click on "People met online" I see about 40 listed...what's this all about...it won't let me delete them.

That's not how it works, it shows you rooms that your friends are in, in general, not only hosting.

The players met will show anyone you've came across in any game. Unless you're in rooms with literally only your friends, I don't know why other people would show up.
 
That's not how it works, it shows you rooms that your friends are in, in general, not only hosting.

The players met will show anyone you've came across in any game. Unless you're in rooms with literally only your friends, I don't know why other people would show up.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the assumption that it showed only rooms hosted by friends. I have also been in friends rooms that other players have joined that are not on my friends list. That's why they are showing up in "Players met".
Thanks again
 
Players other than those on your friends list can still join in if they are on the friends list of any of the other people currently in the room. Regardless of who is hosting the room.
 
I hate it if your a room host and your friends join you cannot leave for any reason as you won't be able to re-enter the same room their in :( you have to make a complete new room and lose the fastest lap times.

This game has so so many things wrong with it 👎
 
I'm with you there @Gedi69, it is a huge pain in the 🤬. I am hoping that once the on-line support stops for GT5 that this kind of problem will be one of the first things that gets addressed. I can see some of the reasoning for changing to the "Friends Only" rooms and away from the lounge mode that was in GT5 but it definitely seemed to work a lot better back then.

And yes, this game does have a lot wrong with it. You can tell that by looking at the names of some of the threads on the forums, but it still has a lot of things right with it too.

Lets face it, the Gran Turismo series has always been about the cars and even more about the driving and I can hardly complain about the vast choice of cars, even if some of them don't look or sound so good. But as far as I am concerned it is by a long long way, the best in the series when it comes to the driving. I'm sure that the majority of people will agree with that. The biggest problem with this game however, I think is that there was just no way that PD could meet the exceedingly high expectations that just about everyone had for it, no matter how hard they tried.
And if you think that we are frustrated, how exactly do you think that Kazunori Yamauchi-san is feeling right about now? This is after all his baby and I am more than certain he wants it to be even better than we do.
 
Back