Online Game Froze, Saved File Corrupt

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT4SOM
  • 4 comments
  • 574 views
Messages
37
United States
Tampa
Messages
gt4som
Thats right folks. After hosting a race for an hour, we finished up a race and I was headed back to the lobby when my PS3 froze. I gave it about 5 minutes and it was still froze. I decided to hold the power button down to give it a reboot. Once I heard the beep I released the power button. I turned the system back on and I noticed it was making me agree to the TOS for online. I then went into GT Mode and BAM! All my cars and progress was gone. I was a level 25 with over 100 tuned cars. I'm pretty pissed, now I just drunk lol.

Moral of the story, back up your game save!! I had a stupid USB thumb drive I could have used. I never thought this would happen to me.

Anyways. All charity would be appreciated :)

PSN ID gt4som
 
Sucks man. I saw so many threads here about people losing their save files the first thing I did after patch was back up my game to my usb drive.
 
You don't even need a USB drive to save your file. Just make another user account (doesn't even need to register to PSN) and save the file to that name. That sucks though. Did your PS3 actually freeze or did you just get a black screen after the race was over? I get the black screen a lot while playing online, but I can reboot the game by pressing the PS button and going back to the XMB.
 
Back