Online issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter seanneedscar
  • 5 comments
  • 598 views
Messages
1,899
Anyone else having issues with GT5 online? past 3 days I get random errors, not being able to connect to the GT5 server, and the ability to play online and enter rooms is sporadic

What gives?
 
Happened to me earlier this morning , I just thought it was due to some server maintenance ect. It has gone back to normal some 90 minuets ago , so hopefully things will be ok now.

Recently I have found things a lot better with getting on line with no issues.
 
I play online every night. Every time I have had problems with GT5 on-line - it has been because I have had connection problems.

Call your ISP and have them test your modem for packet loss. That means you have an intermittent connection.

Another way to tell if you have an intermittent connection is to do a speed test that shows both your average and peak speeds. If your peak speed is a lot higher than the download speed they give you, then you probably have a connection problem.

I have comcast so I use this:

http://speedtest.comcast.net/

If everything in your home is ok, it is probably up on a pole some where near where you live. Keep calling your ISP until it is fixed. I had a problem once that lasted for two weeks.
 
I haven't had any problems, lately. Though, I don't race, at night time currently.
 
Happened to me earlier this morning , I just thought it was due to some server maintenance ect. It has gone back to normal some 90 minuets ago , so hopefully things will be ok now.

Recently I have found things a lot better with getting on line with no issues.

Weird, yeah I just tried and i works great.

Chrunch, thanks for that info. Its all great. But I know when its on my end. i knew something was up with psn or gt5.

IN any case, its fixed now, thanks guys
 
Back