Online leaderboards please! And ranking percentage for seasonals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gabe Logan
  • 11 comments
  • 983 views
Messages
83
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Why oh why are there zero online leaderboards ?

I don't expect the myriad that we have in Forza, as we simply don't expect PD to put that much thought into their little game... but at least a few would be nice.

I know there are LBs for Seasonals, but what's with the ranking system - do they really not appreciate how much more useful a " % " ranking would be than an absolute value, which has zero meaning if there is no way of knowing how many times have been posted ? Duh !!!!!!!!

And I thought the japanese were so obsessed with math ??!!??

I wanna know that I'm in the highest 1 or 2 (or whatever) % in the world - 25,000th is meaningless, and gives no indication of improvement over time.

Come on PD... think ! Why not put as much thought into 'game design' and longevity, as you do into researching how many different S2000s or Skylines they have made, so that you can bung every one into the game, falsely inflating the number of cars in the game and the associated bragging rights. You're fooling no-one !
 
Aha. Hope we don`t need an exorcist. (Talking about obsession...)
 
Evolution of physics model is the main obstscle for permanent leaderboards IMO

However, I gladly accept updating of physics over anything

Seasonal Events Time Trails provides good dynamics for constant challenges among fastest players in the world and with Friends Only checkbox we have nice Leaderboards every month or so

It is a very good tradeoff IMO
 
I know there are LBs for Seasonals, but what's with the ranking system - do they really not appreciate how much more useful a " % " ranking would be than an absolute value, which has zero meaning if there is no way of knowing how many times have been posted ? Duh !!!!!!!!

e !
THIS a hundred times
 
They should have a function on the leaderboards to toggle SRF, as that is just a shame it takes priority over the proper physics.
 
Evolution of physics model is the main obstscle for permanent leaderboards IMO

However, I gladly accept updating of physics over anything

Seasonal Events Time Trails provides good dynamics for constant challenges among fastest players in the world and with Friends Only checkbox we have nice Leaderboards every month or so

It is a very good tradeoff IMO
Agreed.. even though I'd love to have online leader-boards, I would not barter them with continuous physics evolution.
I also second you on Seasonal Events leader-boards, as they are a very good compromise.
 
I would love to have online leader boards as well, even if they had to wipe them clean when they update the physics models that would still be better than not having them.

The seasonal time trials are ok but they are far to limited and they are only temporary so they fall short in many ways.

The most disappointing part is that they had a time trial type leaderboard for every car and track in GT5P so we know they can do it and I fully expected it in GT5. I think it even mentioned leaderboards on the box but all we got were a few time trials over time and never a way of posting times in our favorite car on our favorite track which was a big big let down for many of us and made the longevity of the game much less than it would have been otherwise.

Surely the folks at PD know that all racing games need a leaderboard system today and that many people spend many many hours trying to improve their time on various tracks. I am hoping that we get this in the Jan update with the community features as they mentioned being able to create online time trial lobbies but I am not holding my breath.
 
I think it would be great if GT had leaderboards again. As Roadhog said, wipe them clean when needed. LB's make racing games last much longer than they normally would for a lot of people.

The simple inclusion of the total number of times posted in the seasonals, and you could do an approximate percentage in your head, would help with what the OP is talking about.

And the first edition GT5 cover does say Leaderboards on the back.
 
I'd enjoy it too, but why wipe them? Just do what the WRS does and archive them. 👍
 
Evolution of physics model is the main obstscle for permanent leaderboards IMO

However, I gladly accept updating of physics over anything

Seasonal Events Time Trails provides good dynamics for constant challenges among fastest players in the world and with Friends Only checkbox we have nice Leaderboards every month or so

It is a very good tradeoff IMO
I can see where your coming from old buddy, having to re tune cars can be a pain too. I wish they would just stock with the physics engine it comes with.
 
I can see where your coming from old buddy, having to re tune cars can be a pain too. I wish they would just stock with the physics engine it comes with.
I can see the logic in sticking with the shipped version, but at the same time if improvements are made I am all for it. Sure it is a pain to have to retune the cars and when leaderboards get wiped that is a pain to but still better than not having them and better physics are better than lesser physics even if it does mean more effort on our part I still say it is a good thing.
 
I have been harping on about this since GT5.

Obviously we couldn't have a leaderboard for each car like GT5P but at least we should have leaderboards for each track based on PP.
 
Back