Online LMP2 ChampionshipDraft 

• Thread starter TS_19
  • 1 comments
United States
Midwest City, Oklahoma
topsniper19
Well, I was thinking this morning. As much as I, and the rest of you I think, love the P1 and Group C cars in the game, I have a slight obsession over the P2 field of cars. Oreca, Morgan, HPD, Lola, Zytek, the new Ligier JS P2. But until then, we have P1 and Group C. Which lead to a bout of madness.

What if someone took the time to find out how to take the miscellaneous P1 and Group C cars and levelled them to a P2 spec. I have already spent two hours balancing the performance and I'm a little surprised. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here showed any interest in wanting to partake in my grand odyssey with me?

I am going to take the time to do ALL the prototype cars including the Delta wings and post that data on here. I'm also deciding on the venues for the inaugural season. I would also like any sort of input I can get on tracks. Likes, dislikes, real world or original tracks, anything really. I'd really appreciate it.

So far, I have tested both of the Delta Wings and I've gotten the gap down to less than .6 of a second. All variables have been taken into account and as I said earlier, I will post the BoP data I gather along the way.

Last edited:
After a day of testing, I have six cars that I believe are competitively balanced. For the record, I needed a strong baseline to look for when I started this. I could think of no better vehicle than the 2012 Delta Wing Le Mans. It was created to be in the thick of the P2 action at Le Mans, so I thought it was perfect. All testing thus far has happened at the Red Bull Ring. Same temperature, same weather conditions, same tires. I have the cars set up as to how I drive them, just detuned. In some cases, considerably. Anyway, here are the first 6 vehicles, with the settings I set them up to. Also note, I use a controller. Something for you wheel users to consider when you set up your rides.

Key: AS- Active Steering SR- Skid Recovery CSS- Controller Steering Sensitivity

2012 Delta Wing Le Mans
Time- 1:21.715 Racing Soft TC- Level 3 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Default settings for brake bias, suspension, gearbox, differential
No engine mods No weight added Downforce moved to 1500

2013 Delta Wing
Time- 1:21.170 Racing Soft TC- Level 3 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Default settings for brake bias, suspension, gearbox, differential
No engine mods +5 kg at position 0 Downforce moved to 1500

I would like to note that while essentially the same car, the 2013 Deltawing has a tendency to understeer out of corners at anything above 50% throttle. This problem doesn't exist in the 2012 Le Mans. Just an observation.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride- Judd '05
Time- 1:21.357 Racing Soft TC- Level1 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Default settings for brake bias, suspension, differential, downforce
Top speed- (Max speed auto set) 205 mph No engine mods- detuned to 53% or 479hp, 616pp
+18 kg added at position 0

The Pescarolo surprised me with how stable it was and how willing it was to do, well, everything. It was so fast and smooth, so when I saw the lap times it put a big smile on my face. Next up, the Audi R18 trio.

Audi R18 15th Anniversary
Time- 1:21.659 Racing Soft TC- Level 2 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Default settings for brake bias, suspension, gearbox, differential, downforce
Top speed- (Max speed auto set) 211 mph No engine mods- detuned to 87% or 480hp, 614pp
No weight added, 900 kg

Audi R18 TDI prototype no. 1
Time- 1:21.557 Racing Soft TC- Level 2 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Top speed- (Max speed auto set) 205 mph No engine mods- detuned to 92% or 490hp, 615pp
No weight added, 900 kg

Audi Sport Team Joest R18 TDI no. 2
Time- 1:21.303 Racing Soft TC- Level 2 ABS- Level 1 No ASM, AS, SR CSS- Max Manual transmission
Top speed- (Max speed auto set) 211 mph No engine mods- detuned to 89% or 473hp, 612pp
No weight added, 900 kg

For three cars to be almost exactly the same, I struggled to drive these. I spent the most time with the Audi trio because, to me, they drove so different. To put it simply, no. 1 and 2 are hammers where the 15th Anniversary is a scalpel. I put probably 200 miles on no. 1 and 2 getting their BoP correct.

And if anyone is interested, go ahead and register that you want in. 15 drivers so first come, first served. It might be the rest of this week at least for the other 23 cars to balance. To help my workload out a little, go ahead and tell me what car you want to drive and I'll jump on it. I guarantee this will be interesting to run!

Last edited:
Back