Online lobbies do not display video

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blb9556
  • 10 comments
  • 727 views
Messages
5
United States
Dublin
Messages
Blb9556
Hey guys, I have a weird problem. If I join a lobby online, when I enter the track and leave the pit, all I hear is the audio. The screen is black and has the white GT5 logo in the bottom corner. If I accelerate I hear all the noises, and can even drive around on the track, but I have no video. This only happens here. Reinstalling will take me 6+ hours since I bought the game on release.
 
I guess it's your network problem, so reinstaling would be useles.
 
I don't think, I played in a lounge just fine. Any other game plays fine online and I highly doubt it is the network
 
Been happenin to me too recently i just had to deal with it and restart the game every time but it only seemed to be hapening to me when the online servers were down its not doin it anymore
 
Hey guys, I have a weird problem. If I join a lobby online, when I enter the track and leave the pit, all I hear is the audio. The screen is black and has the white GT5 logo in the bottom corner. If I accelerate I hear all the noises, and can even drive around on the track, but I have no video. This only happens here. Reinstalling will take me 6+ hours since I bought the game on release.

This happened to me last week a couple of times. Unfortunately, (though nothing drastic) I had to quit the game and restart; I did not have the same issues after the restart. Hopefully this helps, if it does not, may the true remedy be short and painless.
 
I've read on numerous threads in the forum saying that if someone has a black screen with the GT logo on it, it means they are causing the room to "lag" and freeze and ultimately the culprit of black screens for others.

Like someone else stated, it's your connection!
 
Hi,

This happens to me also.Seems to be entirely random.Sometimes I can play online for hours without it happening,sometimes I can get it constantly.Annoying thing is that there's no escape apart from quitting and restarting the game which is extremely annoying and frustrating.This is definitely not a user network problem as I have no issues with any other game or connection problems.This problem is a bug that desperately needs sorting by PD.
 
I've read on numerous threads in the forum saying that if someone has a black screen with the GT logo on it, it means they are causing the room to "lag" and freeze and ultimately the culprit of black screens for others.

Like someone else stated, it's your connection!

It's not your connection, it's a flaw in the game. Sometimes when you go into an online lobby the game will freeze for whatever reason. It's not a connection issue, because if it was you would simply be disconnected, or lag a lot.

I found that when I go to the track for the first time, if I don't hit the "start free run"-button right away but instead wait a couple of seconds for the loading to complete (as indicated by the transparent GT logo in the middle of the screen), I'm less likely to get the black screen error.

The most annoying thing with the black screen is that there's no way to just exit the room and try again, you actually have to restart the game every time it happens...
 
eran0004
It's not your connection, it's a flaw in the game. Sometimes when you go into an online lobby the game will freeze for whatever reason. It's not a connection issue, because if it was you would simply be disconnected, or lag a lot.

I found that when I go to the track for the first time, if I don't hit the "start free run"-button right away but instead wait a couple of seconds for the loading to complete (as indicated by the transparent GT logo in the middle of the screen), I'm less likely to get the black screen error.

The most annoying thing with the black screen is that there's no way to just exit the room and try again, you actually have to restart the game every time it happens...

He stated he had the logo on the black screen in the corner, people here have come to the conclusion that the ones who have it, usually at least one person in the room, is a cause of infinite black screens. If that person backs out, the game will continue to load as normal.

It IS connection!
 
bluntified
he stated he had the logo on the black screen in the corner, people here have come to the conclusion that the ones who have it, usually at least one person in the room, is a cause of infinite black screens. If that person backs out, the game will continue to load as normal.

It is connection!

^^ +1
 
Back