Online Lobby - Penalty Settings Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ynot
  • 7 comments
  • 857 views
Messages
2,280
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Messages
Obi-Tonobi
I host several online races and usually have penalties on weak. On GT5 you got shortcut and collision penalties, light damage that wore off, and also ghosted if you go out of control so you would not wreck the field. In GT6 I am not seeing any shortcut penalties when you clearly should have received one. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks for the replies.
 
Have you tried to put the penalties on hard? Im curious what that does then...!
 
Have you tried to put the penalties on hard? Im curious what that does then...!
Not yet. I guess I'll try that maybe tomorrow night.
 
I have been putting them on hard and still the penalties are not severe enough.
 
I have been putting them on hard and still the penalties are not severe enough.

Define not severe enough please, what kind of penalties do you get where, and what do you expect?
 
image.jpg
I've seen. Myself ghosting in gt6 when racing before , there were no shortcut penalties but collision was there so I guess it's ether a glitch or it differs per track, I was on nordschleife, on the karoussel if he hit me on accident from comming off the wimp side (yes it says that) then He's a ghost
 
Define not severe enough please, what kind of penalties do you get where, and what do you expect?
Collisions are corner cutting seems to result in a 3 second penalty. I think it should be more like 5-6 seconds. I might turn on light collision damage to further
 
So setting it to STRONG seems to make collision penalties longer but shortcut penalties stay the same at 3 sec. You have to really take a shortcut to get one. If you are going fast, a 3 sec penalty does not really make a difference. Cars do not slow down much in 3 sec. Setting it to STRONG does seem to make the car behind you get a 5-10 sec penalty it he hits from behind. However, if he hits you hard from the rear or from the side, you get a penalty as well. That's no cool. There is no way to make this game perfect for every person that bought it. Will have to adapt, adjust, overcome, and just enjoy the racing.

Join us for a race or two at...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ready-or-not-racing-gt500-championship-coming-soon.268293/
 
Back