online mode still messed up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter niknac
  • 8 comments
  • 831 views
Messages
26
Messages
turboloch
gt5 is getting me frustrated, big time!!

since i have the game i only finished about 5 online races.
not because i quit, but my (usually stable ) connection stops, or it tells me that there is something wrong with the rules or every other car freezes after one or two laps.

my connection speed is about 4mps down and .7mps up, ping is around 21ms
and nat is type 2 (use a wireless router)

anybody got the same problems, or even better got tips for me?
 
Try using a wired connection there 100x more stable, I found when I used a wireless connection it would always lose connection or connection would be very weak and I would get disconnected from games, I think its down to the distance your router is from your ps3 and the interference in the room... is your router in direct line of your ps3?
 
thanks for your answer.
ps3 and router are just 4m apart.
 
Try hosting your own lobby. Mabye you've just had bad luck with finding a good host. It may not be your internet connection at all. When you set the room up, choose the recomended options for race quality, and voice chat. If you don't use a headset, disable the voice chat to enable a higher race quality. Also, make sure noone else is hogging up your bandwidth.

*edit* Not sure, but this should probably be in the "Questions & Answers" thread.
 
Last edited:
Try using a wired connection there 100x more stable,

That is correct - wired connection is the way to go. I have a good wireless connection and still have lag time and freezes happen often. If you want a dependable online experience make it a wired connection.

In my real job I support over 400 clinics throughout the Southeastern US and they all have wireless connections with 10-40 computers in each clinic and we are always having problems. Just because it looks like it has a good connection if you go deeper in analyzing the wireless signal you might find any number of items causing a problem. Wireless is not a perfect world. Hehehe! Can you hear me now?? :)
 
I run wireless and have finished about ... 60 online races easy, probably more just throwing a number out there. I play online anytime I can. Always stable unless there are tons of wrecks going on throwing a bunch of physics calculating through the network, then it will jump around a little bit.

I usually run NASCAR but will have plenty of fun doing any other race. Your connection just must be insanely slow.
 
hm, the wired connection did not improve anything, nor does reseting the cache help.

plz any other ideas?
 
While in the lobby you will see bars on the right side of the lobby rooms. Try to go into the ones with the highest amount of bars lighted green. That showcases a room with a good connection speed. Try that and see what happens. If I go into a room with low bars it will not be a good experience either.
 
Back