Online mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lamboracer
  • 14 comments
  • 885 views
Messages
1,010
Ya know i was think, some speculate or even know for a fact taht GT4 will not include online feature, and will relaunce in 2005 with an online feature. So if one were to buy a gt4 in december, can we like return the old one for the new gt4 released. Or maybe there will be a new one that disc is just online mode, and one that includes the whole online mode and gt4. Sounds concfusion but do u think they might let people return the already bought gt4 for the new one, and might there be a seperate disc to go with the already bought gt4?
 
I think they'll probably do something like that, but there's been no official word.
 
they definitely should let buyers of the Dec release to get the online mode for free or at least like for 10 bucks or sth... cause I don't want to buy another game thats' identical except for the online feature
 
Why? Why would PD do that? GT4 and GT4online are two seperate products with two seperate audiences. There are alot of people out there that just want to play a car video game and don't care about online racing. At the same time there are hardcore GT fans who just want to race online.

No one is forcing you to buy GT4 in December (or whenever it comes out). If online racing is that important to you wait until it comes out. No reaosn to spend your hard earned money on a product that you don't want right?

I would assume you would see a "GT4" disc this fall/winter and then at somepoint next year a new "GT4online" disc bundled with the necessary parts to go online with, or maybe bundled with a PS2 for online gaming or even bundled with a Logitech Pro wheel for racing. I bet the 05 GT4online release might even be an updated game, with more cars, more tracks, updated GUI and AI, etc. It will be more than just a GT4 with online capabilities.

But I wouldn't hold your breath for "free" GT4online discs.

I still don't get why you would even think PD owes you or me anything free.
 
I think all we can do for now is speculate about this, cause we have no clue of how the online mode is gonna be released, if it is at all.

So I say let´s worry about getting GT4 first, and wait for more information from PD about the online feature.
 
I does kinda suck that PD is doing this after all the delays and they just taunt us with these videos, but ill probly just trade it in for the online one when it comes out at ebgames. I dont even have GT3 right now I lost it or lent it out and forgot who, oh well i have a bunch of games i dont play so ill trade one across for another copy of gt3.
 
That will never happen, and it's good that it doesn't. Stop being a penny pincher, lol. It will be very similar to Twisted Metal Black online, which originally was a stand alone game, but the online feature was just an online feature with no other modes, and was only 20 dollars, GT Online will be very similar.
 
But didn't PD axe the Online Mode due to time-lag issues? I mean if you're playing someone on the other side of the world there's clearly going to be some delay and PD must have felt that the delay was too great for GT4 to work Online.

Then again, it may support LAN games.

But what I don't understand is: Why is the issue of no Online Mode such a big deal? Everyone seems to be worked up and having a shot at PD because they can't play it online whilst ignoring the fact that there's still GT4 itself. I don't get it.
 
Do you race?
But what I don't understand is: Why is the issue of no Online Mode such a big deal? Everyone seems to be worked up and having a shot at PD because they can't play it online whilst ignoring the fact that there's still GT4 itself. I don't get it.

Its a big deal to those of us, that arent into GT4 just for the graphics or total number of cars, and are far more interested in the racing aspect of the game which has been a let down in previous titles.
To develop such a great physics engine, with mass tuning options, and then only be able to play against yourself, is somewhat dissapointing in 2004.
The realism recreated by Polyphony, with the potential for endless variety of online racing, had a lot of people very excited (me included), now that vision is shattered and all those who love to race will have to suffer playing on our own once again, and competing in Offline OLRs like those on the forums, to keep the competetitive aspect alive.
 
No one knows anything about the supposed "gt4 with online in 2005" game. the reason? PD themselves don't know anything about it, they just came up with it as a "hot fix" for GT4 being incomplete.
another likley reason why PD hasn't given out any details about the new game, is probably because if the game is just GT4 with online support, then who the hell would want the offline one, and THEN go buy the online one when it comes out? paying for a full game again just to get to play versus other people maybe fine for hard core fans... but the avarage gamer won't dish out the cash, PERIOD.
 
Do you race?
if you're playing someone on the other side of the world there's clearly going to be some delay and PD must have felt that the delay was too great for GT4 to work Online.

then don't play someone on the other side of the world.

If you are playing conterstrike, do you join a server based in Moscow? No. You see the 750ms ping, and look elsewhere. When you join the online gaming mode of conterstike, you are presented with a list of servers, and you pick the one you want based on gaming parameters and ping.

everyone else has it figured out...
 
SaintKamus
another likley reason why PD hasn't given out any details about the new game, is probably because if the game is just GT4 with online support, then who the hell would want the offline one, and THEN go buy the online one when it comes out? paying for a full game again just to get to play versus other people maybe fine for hard core fans... but the avarage gamer won't dish out the cash, PERIOD.

You dont have to buy the offline version, if you want online just wait for the damn online mode.
 
Well I'm going buy whatever they release when they release it - GT4 is looking very good to me.

As for online mode, when they release that, I'll buy that too - in fact, maybe they will have a special deal - a package of GT4 Online + a Network Adapter. I don't currently own one, the only extras I have are memory cards and controllers and a brand new Logitech Driving Force Pro. I do have a USB headphone with mic - have never tried it with the PS2 - I bought it for my computer.

I'm all set for GT4 - a nice 30" LCD HDTV. I have a nice 5.1 sound system and GT3 looks and sounds nice, I expect GT4 to look even better and sound much better.

I want to drive some of them open top cars and see myself driving 💡
 
Im not waiting for online mode. I will buy the first version and however the release the second one and for how evermuch money, i will buy it. Im not being a penny pincherLOL. But the hardcore GT fan has a budget too. After 150 on a steering wheel and petal set up and 350 on a seating arangement and 250 on a new Tv. And considering the hardcore gt4 fan bought every other gt game for a total of about 100 on the games including gt4 makes 150. And say the online mode is another 50. thats a total of 800 so far. Not to mention most of us dont live in japan so we need mod chips to play gt concept and prolouge, so for the chip say 50 bucks and oh yea prolouge for nother 50 shipped over seas. 900 dollars. Maybe a network adapter and headset for online. Becuase being a hardcore GT fan i have been waiting to get a network adapter solely for gt4. Oh and the new gt4 colectable memory card. which probably will never be used. And a seperate memory card for gt4. Oh a hard drive. Maybe the tv is much but that is ur hardcore GT fan. Just ask some. Then you have little things like posters, collectable cars, stickers, etc. So im sorry but if pd is going to release gt4 make it with or without online mode. Sure i will wait but damn lots of money goes into games from Hardcore gamers.
 
I hope they don't only sell GT4Online with an online package, I've already been out & bought the network adapter and Linksys wireless game adapter (so there's no cables running here, there & everywhere through the apartment!) ready for online mode, which we were led to believe would be out in November. Sucks that they're putting the release date back anyway, but forcing you to buy an extra set of hardware wouldn't be popular at all. I think they should just offer an update package to the GT4 disc that's going to be available in December (believe that when I see it!) Still, I'd rather they went about this properly and made a complete working game when its released than see another bugged-to-buggery GT2 fiasco again.
 
Back