online nearly completed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 213101
  • 19 comments
  • 1,293 views
Messages
478
Online GT4 looking close
Posted by M @ 11:30 p.m. NZDT


Gran Turismo producer Kazunori Yamauchi has indicated the online mode for Gran Turismo, promised to be released relatively soon, may be nearing completion.
Yamauchi has said the games-mad Korean market may even have the online version of GT4 without waiting. "We hope to do it in the near future. For the Korean version of the game, we haven't even decided if we'll release a standalone version or Online version."

The remark indicates the game's online functionality could be completed this financial year. The next question is how consumers with the offline game will be able to upgrade considering the lack of hard drive penetration.

im pretty sure this is new news.if not sorry.
 
I think CobraGT has already posted this, but it´s good news anyway.
 
I think that if they think that they will complete the online mode around the end of this year that they will delay GT4 and include it.But that would be against Sony policy,in other words no profit.Just kidding.

It's very likely that we Europeans who aren't getting this game untill February will have the Online mode included with GT4.Atleast i hope so.
 
yeah I am wondering how players will upgrade as well...........

We better not have them pay an extra 100 bucks for the same bloody game with the same cars and tracks......

Actually I just got an idea..........

Maybe Kaz can sell out the online disc as a 2nd disc..........just like with GT2....there was one for Gran Turismo mode and one for Arcade mode.

Maybe with the new one theres the disc we will buy at the initial release for Arcade and Gran Turismo mode..........and we later purchase the new online disc for online mode?

All our cars and stuff are stored neatly on the 8mb card :)
 
GTChamp2003
It's very likely that we Europeans who aren't getting this game untill February will have the Online mode included with GT4.Atleast i hope so.

PAL version to have the online included, that'll make up for the delay, yup that'll do. The NTSC'ers won't be laughing so much if that's the case...
 
Betting 100$ that GT Online will be separate game. And another 10$ it wil be called "GT Online". And another 10$ it will be released no earlier then Q2 2005. And another 10$ for PSP compatiblity.
 
Please answer these questions.
1. Will the "GT online" be another exact replica game but online or will it be just online only?
2. I sure hope it isnt $49.00 on top of GT4 being $49?
Especially after buying GT4P Japanese and GT4P pal
 
^ if it is then PD is exploiting us!! They remove a feature and then expect us pay them extra for an add on version. They delay the game and release prologue so us in PAL and NTSCj can pay them an extra £25 👎
 
I just pre-ordered my copy of GT4 yesterday at Gamecrazy :indiff: , and the guy said you know their pushing the release date back to January 05? When I asked why, he said that the team wants to try to put online back into the North American version. I don't think it will happen but just telling you guys :)
 
noooooo

I don't care about online, although it would be nice. I want GT4 dammit!
 
sp74Supra
I just pre-ordered my copy of GT4 yesterday at Gamecrazy :indiff: , and the guy said you know their pushing the release date back to January 05? When I asked why, he said that the team wants to try to put online back into the North American version. I don't think it will happen but just telling you guys :)

well you could have told hime "your reason for why is probably wrong, as the game has allready gone gold... that means its done, nothing else can be added."

well unless they decide to online is a second disk and they push it back to include the 2nd disk... :ouch:
 
I don't care about paying twice, I just want to get GT4. If online mode is really causing delays, I would rather buy GT4 without it and buy GT4 again a few months later when it has online with it.

a) I'll be spending time practicing anyway before I think about online.
b) The extra money for GT4 x2 would be balanced out by whatever I may end up buying to keep me going until GT4 is released.
 
VTGT07
noooooo

I don't care about online, although it would be nice. I want GT4 dammit!

Same here. Online play would be really fun, its jsut i want the game now!
 
hellnback
PAL version to have the online included, that'll make up for the delay, yup that'll do. The NTSC'ers won't be laughing so much if that's the case...
:lol: i'll still be laughing either way, cause i'm playing the game I want. Even harder if PD says that they will give out free online disk's to those that purchased GT4 offline :D
 
I'm still of the belief that the online version will be nothing more than a barebones version of GT4, with only the online mode. All the same cars, tracks, etc, and it can read your garage and customized vehicles from your memory card to race online. But when you start it up, it'll have only one option on the main menu.. Online. Since it has no other modes, and would be virtually worthless without the regular offline GT4, I gather it'll only cost about $10 or so.

I think that's the best bet to make everyone happy... the online players get what they want for pocket change, and the offline players can ignore the release altogether without missing out on anything.

Some people are of the belief that the online disc will contain extra tracks and cars, but I find this highly unlikely. For the simple reason that doing so would alienate the majority of PS2 owners, the offline players, who would be denied these extra features.

I am fairly certain that the online disc will NOT be the full version of the game, for the simple reason that Sony, to the best of my knowledge, has never released a second full version of a game, forcing customers to buy the same game twice. There IS, however, precedent for my theory... Twisted Metal Black: Online. A barebones disc that contained all the cars and courses, but could only be played online.. it had no single-player mode, nor offline multiplayer. And, as I recall, TMB: Online only cost about $10, and there was a mail-in rebate for customers who had already purchased the regular version of TWB. I see no reason for them to break from tradition in regards to GT4.

I also find it unlikely that the game will be pushed back to include online. The whole reason online was removed from the game was so Sony could make the oodles of cash from the holiday season. It seems highly unlikely that Sony would reverse that decision and choose to miss out on the holidays only to appease a small portion of their customer base.
 
sp74Supra
I just pre-ordered my copy of GT4 yesterday at Gamecrazy :indiff: , and the guy said you know their pushing the release date back to January 05? When I asked why, he said that the team wants to try to put online back into the North American version. I don't think it will happen but just telling you guys :)

hey...BANAT sucks!!!! Sibiu rules!!!! j/k Salut...i think it's a waste worrying about online mode...the game itself will be too good to worry about playing against other people...atleast before you beat a good portion of the game.
 
haha, your a Romo too then huh. I wish I was from Arad but oh well. My dad is from Moravita and had a light skin tone not a dark one! :eek:
 
crap, I replied on my other account :rolleyes: , sorry two computers ^ ^
 
Racing online really isnt all that fun, it sucks actually. Plus, most players wont have a headset like Xbox Live users. I'd just rather have the stand alone..
 
Back