Online not really a success, where can PD improve for GT6?

• Thread starter GTP_Plato
  • 40 comments
KiroKai
^ Calm down. He simply said he likes it.

I got annoyed by random lobbies hosted by strangers too, and you know what I started to do one day? Host my own lobbies. Since that day I like to play online. Especially with the community I've build up over time.

How long do you have to wait for the room to fill up though? From my experience, I spent more time waiting for the room to fill up than racing.

How long do you have to wait for the room to fill up though? From my experience, I spent more time waiting for the room to fill up than racing.

Exactly! And don't forget about having to police people into using the right car. I gave up on making a room because it takes to long for the room to fill up to get a race going. One time I set up a room for pre 80's cars. GT5 has now option to exclude cars ( by year or engine type), all you have to do is get your car to the right pp and troll away.

Ofcourse I can kick people but I shouldn't have to! Ever try setting up a room named "no abs" and then have people coming in asked you to turn abs on? Happens every time:S. We just want some better search options:)

The "car ownership" thing doesn't help. The idea that there is a finite number of cars and cars can't be made to appear out of a thin air is just complete madness.

Why shouldn't I be able to pick one of my cars and make it and maybe a few others that I have chosen carefully available for everyone that comes to my room?
Let them pick a colour, let them adjust suspension and brakes if I allow that, but don't force them to go and "make one" themselves in single player mode.

That way I have complete control over the cars in the room. Everyone knows that everyone else has the same car(s) with the same options and we can have a good close race.

And let everyone vote to start the next race!!

But mainly fix the lag and collisions and vague feeling, and explain the difference between on and offline categorically so there is no debate or confusion for newbies over the different feeling and performance.

The "car ownership" thing doesn't help. The idea that there is a finite number of cars and cars can't be made to appear out of a thin air is just complete madness.

Why shouldn't I be able to pick one of my cars and make it and maybe a few others that I have chosen carefully available for everyone that comes to my room?
Let them pick a colour, let them adjust suspension and brakes if I allow that, but don't force them to go and "make one" themselves in single player mode.

That way I have complete control over the cars in the room. Everyone knows that everyone else has the same car(s) with the same options and we can have a good close race.

But mainly fix the lag and collisions and vague feeling, and explain the difference between on and offline categorically so there is no debate or confusion for newbies over the different feeling and performance.

An excellent idea.

I think the most important are more room restrictions/options and more search functionality. We should be able to fully define how the room will operate, down to hand picking allowed cars from the entire list and restricting each individual modification allowed for each car. Also, full control over ghosting/penalities/damage/etc in the race and during free run and qualify (we should be able to set as stand alone, or mixed with free run as in GT5).

In the lobby list, rooms should be searchable by title, host, and rules. We should also be allowed to set room options before creating the room to save time, and save as many configurations as we want so we can quickly recreate a room at anytime. Popular rooms could possibly even be shared with other players or displayed under a player's profile for advertising/recruiting.

We should also be able to create championships and endurances, possible with special rules like a fuel limit, or mandatory pit stop. Those rules should be available for regular races too, no need to carry on with pointless limitations. These can be open for anyone to join, or have a participant list managed by the host.

There is always more, but this is what was off the top of my head.

More options to filter a server down to, search by name, smaller room names, private rooms (not like a lounge so you don't need to add everyone).

I'm really starting to believe that the communities "PD is awesome and can't do wrong" is the reason that GT5 is missing stuf that other games do right. Like the staff at PD only listens to the good stuff people have to say and then start high fiving each other "look we're awesome hihi".

I think THIS is the most realistic explanation for all that GT5 does wrong and was never fixed or even aknowledged (tyres for instance). The GT community is like a sheep flock: whatever Kaz says or does is the TRUTH, straight from the mouth of God.

I am still baffled how people can still believe that guy had a vision for GT5 ( a vision that he never even bother explain to his millions or fans...and that is nowhere to be found in the game btw) ...

Way to improve online?
Here's a good one for PD.

201034121811_2010124141958_harakiri-poster.jpg

:sly:

I would like to see a championship scoring system in online mode, i.e. when we drive together in a lobby, participants should automatically be scored after a race.

Furthermore it's a pain in the neck to choose cars from the online garage right now as there is only one criteria at a time and no details for the car one selected. I can choose one by PP, but I would like to see more details about the cars (e.g. country, manufacturer, 4x4/FWD/RWD/...) and be able to filter the large amount of cars by a combination of filters, e.g. "Show me all my cars which are: Premium, Italian, PP>550, Weight >1000kg with 4x4 drive". That would be helpful.

And I would love to see more statistics built into the game, e.g. when I compete with someone, the game could give me all the information: Name, # of races against, # of wins, last raced, ...

4. To be able to set my own specification for any car and then set it online for people in my lounge to use at the very spec I set it at and only those cars. Users cant change the spec of the car (Power/Weight or change out parts) but can tune the set up. This would make competitive racing with a huge variety of cars very easy.

This I believe is one of the most fundamental problems with GT5's online.

It's very tricky to run an online spec series as its very easy to mess around the cars tuning and see big advantages. The only certain way stop this from happening is to run with the cars on the recommended list, but then you have little choice over what cars and setups you can use for your series. It would be great if the host could have a 'lobby garage', users must use cars from the garage locked to the settings they were placed in the garage with.

5. Host to be able to set ballast weight for any user as a handicap. (very useful for online racing leagues)

This would also be very handy.

[Edit]

I missed these.

An excellent idea.

I think the most important are more room restrictions/options and more search functionality. We should be able to fully define how the room will operate, down to hand picking allowed cars from the entire list and restricting each individual modification allowed for each car. Also, full control over ghosting/penalities/damage/etc in the race and during free run and qualify (we should be able to set as stand alone, or mixed with free run as in GT5).

In the lobby list, rooms should be searchable by title, host, and rules. We should also be allowed to set room options before creating the room to save time, and save as many configurations as we want so we can quickly recreate a room at anytime. Popular rooms could possibly even be shared with other players or displayed under a player's profile for advertising/recruiting.

We should also be able to create championships and endurances, possible with special rules like a fuel limit, or mandatory pit stop. Those rules should be available for regular races too, no need to carry on with pointless limitations. These can be open for anyone to join, or have a participant list managed by the host.

There is always more, but this is what was off the top of my head.

It's refreshing to hear quite a few people seem to agree on these sort of issues.

Last edited:
As many said: Better search option but also as important a better limitation system.

if I would like to host a Japanese Classic Night, I don't wan't to spent half of the evening, kicking NSX drivers ...

if I want to run the cars on their default power but with a clever suspension setup, I don't want to fight against heavily upgraded, but power-limited opponents ...

... to be continued

Back