Online Oddities

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 2 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
I've recently started playing F1 online with some friends and we've noticed some odd behaviour. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and maybe had an explanation.

1) Player A appears to have plenty of room around Player B, but Player B reacts like he's been hit. Also, Player B see's Player A hit them.

2a) I've seen a lot of cars run off the track and not lose any speed and in some cases gain speed with no ill affects.

2b) I've seen cars come out of a corner sideways, correct themselves and continue with no lose of speed.

My current theory is that this is some by-product of lag. However, for the most part, the game is very smooth, even with a full grid of 11 human and 11 ai drivers. I've yet to see any of the normal lag issues like warping, etc.

Another theory is that some of the drivers have the stability control turned way up, but that still doesn't explain #1 or why a smooth line isn't as fast as a trip through the sand.

Hey Bud, yesterday was doing a practice race with one of our guys when he was in front of me his car was all over acting very wild going thru the sand spinning out couple of times I witnessed hin wrecking but he was not aware anything was going on.Once from my screen I hit him very solidly felt it too he didnt even know it. But oddly enough when I was in front of him it stopped looking back his car acted normal. Guess theres a couple gremlins in there. Didnt notice any strange behavior in last nights race though

Back