Online/Offline physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter SquallUK
  • 7 comments
  • 803 views
Messages
24
England
English
Messages
Squall-UK
Hi all (First post) :D

Joined up today because of the amount of info/knowledge on this site is incredible.

Anyway, I have one question.

Could anyone please point me in the direction of a good thread that explains the difference between online & offline physics & maybe a clue as to why there is a difference at all?

Thanks in advance :)
 
They fixed that in a recent patch, I think last patch? They are same now unless pD screwed up again
 
So now Wings of the Red Dragon actually works online? That track is great for karting.
 
So now Wings of the Red Dragon actually works online? That track is great for karting.

Don't know about that, but Custom tracks have always worked online as far as I know. I'm not sure if online and offline are 100% the same but they are extremely close, close enough that the infinitesimal difference makes no difference..
 
Tested WORD in a Veyron online. Achived a 20 metre jump, short of the 200 expected at 200 mph.
 
i'm doing some time attack racing, on a custom build track with my Mitsubishi Lancer Evo RM.
Offline, I can get a 1:59,8xx
Online, i achieved a 1:56,xxx.
that is some incredible difference.
and i actually drive always the same line.
 
See if a wheelie cars works online , if another person can see you wheelie then we'll know for sure ;)

picture.php
 
Back