Online physics engine different?

• Thread starter cargen
  • 10 comments
cargen
I haven't purchased the game yet but while surfing under the GT6 subsection, I think I've read someone mentioning the online physics engine of GT6 feeling noticeably different from that of the singleplayer. I remember this was also the case for GT5 until it got fixed later. Can anyone confirm?

Just found your thread through search. I think something must be different because I was just running some laps offline in free run at Tsukuba and was lapping at 1:02 on average. I then setup an online practice session and took the same car out with exactly the same tune and could only average 1:03 :irked:

Yes the online physics are different. The grip is less online. And yes you don't see others go on two wheels.

I haven't noticed a difference, my Silverstone GP Circuit times in an X2014 Junior are identical between online and offline to within a tenth of a second. There is a difference between career and online, but only if the lobby is set to real grip.

It really is, at that track going up or down a tyre grade is worth at least a second. I may do some testing in a few different cars, but I'm not consistent enough. I know I am in the X2014 Junior.

To easily feel the difference pick a car around 450-500pp rwd on SH tires. Something that has just enough power to break the tires loose and test for yourself. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference with high grip high hp cars.

Low HP in a Junior, but yeah, it may be a bit off. I still don't think there's much difference with the right settings (arcade, both real grip reduction).

Back